Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Wetlands

baggin_bucks

Last fall we had a 25 acre part of our ground redone in wetlands. It is along a river bottom and is flooded at least once a year. It turned out great and the critters are loving it. Yesterday I ran across deer, turkey, geese and ducks. Just thought I would share some pics.

This is in the middle of the wetlands, I plan on putting a box blind and some sort of food plot in this area.
03251431.jpg

To the north of this pot hole is a really thick willow thicket with great bedding cover.
03251432.jpg
[/img]

Currenty making nesting boxes for the "domes" through out the pot holes.
03251433a.jpg
[/img]

Went into some of the pockets of trees and hinge cut some junk trees to "mess" things up a bit.
03251515.jpg
[/img]

I'm actually not even a waterfowl hunter but turning ground like this into wetlands makes it a better place for all wildlife. Not to mention helps us with filtering some of the water runoff before it makes it to the river. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Looks great! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif You're primed to whack a big 'ol swamp buck in the future!

Looks awesome. You might have to take up duck hunting as it looks like you've created some prime habitat. well done!

It is a WRP project. I'm not sure if they all work this way but you receive a one time payment, basically an easement payment and then a 100% cost share on the wetland restoration. The easement is for the NRCS, giving them permission to walk the property and check the water control structure and other items located on the property.

Awesome stuff! I would love to have some bottom ground for a project like that! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: teeroy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">sooooo......can i duck hunt there? </div></div>
Anyone that wants to duck hunt it can.....unless it's during deer season /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Top Bottom