Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

What broadheads you use?

Ramcat 125 grain that are fixed @ 1.5” 3 blade cut. Flies like a dart, no failure, penetrates like crazy & 3 blade 1.5” cut is pretty nuts. Swapping new blades on is super easy.
some others I seen I like…. Sevr for mechanical. Iron will & solid & few others for fixed. Also, exodus & Wasp drones did nice job. Tons of great options. Some that I’d never use as well.

Penetration is maybe one of biggest things I never want to lose on. So many folks make mistake “don’t need to worry on whitetail” - BS. My arrows are total of about 500 grains…. 4mm FMJ. shoot super flat & penetrate amazing.

Plain Jane Cabela's 3 blade for at least 25 years. But, they quit making them so will be looking at something new when this stash runs out. Like the sevr, but have never shot mechanicals.

G5 Deadmeat. 100gr. Worked better than fixed blades for me. On a ‘twizzler’ Victory Vap with 95gr insert. 15%FOC 492gr.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brian, what grim reapers do you shoot??

I’ve shot rage for years. Use the 2” no collar hypodermics now. Nothing to complain about really. Leave a big hole. Been thinking about switching to grim reapers, know lot of guys that swear by them.

As far as grim reapers the carni 4 four blade pro series gets my vote ! No retaining rings no rubber bands no collars ! Very pleased with these! Check them out!!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I used to shoot Rage but lost confidence in them after seeing some failures and never liked the blade retention system. I then switched to QAD exodus. They fly very well and are extremely durable. My only complaint with them is the holes weren't very big which meant bloodtrails were unpredictable. With that said if you're looking for a fixed head I'd highly recommend them and still have them in my quiver. I've also just started shooting Grim Reapers and think they are superior to Rage in every way. I had a deer last year that I could have fit my first through the exit hole with the whitetail special. So far no deer has made it over 50 yds so I'll stick with those two again this year.

I scoffed at my son when he dropped almost $50 on grim reapers. He shot a doe a couple weeks ago. Double lung clean pass through and buried the reaper in the dirt. After rinsing it off it appears to still work perfectly....and I shaved arm hair with every blade. I know what I'm droping 50 on next year.

I scoffed at my son when he dropped almost $50 on grim reapers. He shot a doe a couple weeks ago. Double lung clean pass through and buried the reaper in the dirt. After rinsing it off it appears to still work perfectly....and I shaved arm hair with every blade. I know what I'm droping 50 on next year.
They are very tough. Yes you will have a messed up blade every now and then but every broadhead I have used has had one at some point. I have killed multiple deer with the same grim reaper. Just re-sharpen and use again.

I've used grim reapers on turkey for years and love them.. FYI if you ever plan on mounting a bird, not the way to go.

What model of grim reaper heads are you guys using on deer.

QAD Exodus 100 grain for me. They fly great! I shoot about five arrows a year and the last three deer I've shot have all been heart shots. I don't know that I could ever in my right mind switch to another broadhead. Previously shot Rage and will never go back to them even though I did hear that they have changed some things up.

Made the switch from Rage to G5 Montec last season. I've been happy with how they fly and killed my personal best last year with one. I shot Rage for years and had a few weird things happen, so switched over.

I should have added to my post that I have used slick tricks for a lot of years. I've been more than happy with them. Fly great for me and have gotten the job done many times. I bought a package of sevr as well to try.

Top Bottom