Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

What do you think this is?!

Tmayer13

What say you?
1f5e5f1550f9c29ddefdf7fdbae3963e.jpg

Sent from my moto g power (2022) using Tapatalk

Definitely looks like a cat of some kind. Hard tell, but would guess a bobcat by its proportions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How far from the camera is it? Looks like it could be a lion, looking close looks like I can see the start of the tail and looks thicker than a bobcat tail.

To tough to give a for sure answer though.

For reference here is a doe thats close to the same location and time... I would say these animals are 25+ yards away
839f487a59e8c5cc118e3febda0c462e.jpg

For reference here is a doe thats close to the same location and time... I would say these animals are 25+ yards away
839f487a59e8c5cc118e3febda0c462e.jpg

To me, it looks bigger than a bobcat, especially now with the doe photo. Looking at the grass it appears both photos of the cat and the doe are in about the same spot.

I dont think one could could give a confirmation either way, but I bet you will be a little nervous in the dark there now.

1665757668440.png 1665757712652.png

Looking at the grass locations, that would be a pretty good size bobcat if thats what it is.

Size, shape and long tail make me say mountain lion. Too big for a bobcat, plus the long tail. It kind of looks like it has spots, like a snow leopard, but that could just be the poor lighting. So, unless we have snow leopards in Iowa, I say that's a mountain lion.

After the deer picture I'm swayed to lean cougar. Looking at the pic on my phone. Also first glance I zoomed in on the solid black line behind the neck but I convinced myself there was no way. That's not a collar like WI Transplant had is it?

To me, it looks bigger than a bobcat, especially now with the doe photo. Looking at the grass it appears both photos of the cat and the doe are in about the same spot.

I dont think one could could give a confirmation either way, but I bet you will be a little nervous in the dark there now.
I will be strapped from here on out when walking in haha

After the deer picture I'm swayed to lean cougar. Looking at the pic on my phone. Also first glance I zoomed in on the solid black line behind the neck but I convinced myself there was no way. That's not a collar like WI Transplant had is it?
I have no idea this is the only pic i got. I will try to get over and get the SD card out of the camera as they are far more clear than the pics sent via the app.

That’s a mountain lion. Look at the chest and how deep it is. Both bobcat’s and mountain lions have white on the belly this pic has white coming up higher then most bobcat’s. Cool pic

I'm usually a sceptic when people are unsure of sightings or pictures but jump to the conclusion it's a couger. BUT the doe comparison in this case makes the odds tilt to it being much more likely a cougar in my opinion.

By the way, it sure seems like there's a few more around this year than normal. I can't remember a year when two members of this site had convincing pictures of them.

Top Bottom