Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

What is your turkey head this year?

Hardcorehunter

UL Shelter/Stove Geek
I'm shooting Magnus Bullheads this year. I've used Jack hammers and Gobbler getter spitfires, with great success, until last year. I drilled a big tom at 5 yds with a 70# speed bow, with what I felt was a great vital shot with a gg sf, it knocked him over, and to my dismay, I watched him get back up and run into the timber with my arrow...never to be found again. I looked for 2 hrs, and my parents looked the same day, while mushroom hunting. I decided then and there, it was time for head lopping. Bullhead for me. What u shooting?

Shovel, I would assume he means gobbler getter spit fire.

I will be using the bullheads again this year. Love them!

Something sharp in Kansas, then a Jellyhead in front of a 10 ga here in Iowa....

Shovel, I would assume he means gobbler getter spit fire.

I will be using the bullheads again this year. Love them!

OK! I can see it now.:eek: Thanks!:way:
As a side note, I do feel that if my longbows or recurves had enough "horsepower" I'd be shooting Bullheads. I like all the positive reviews they have!

More than likely, winchester # 6's, 3 inch magnum. I know those are made of lead instead of steel or titanium, but they seem to get the job done. :grin:

Bullheads.

Jay,
I wouldnt hesitate to shoot a bullhead out of a recurve/longbow. Of course i am out of my element there. It doesnt take much to put them down with those heads

Bullhead guys, are you shooting the arrows made specifically for the bullheads? Also, do they come with practice heads or have you done something to sight these in? I have been shooting hammerheads but want to do some head lopping if the setup change isn't substantial.

Kratz

I am going to harpoon mine with a bowfishing reel set up. I figured I can shoot well with a bowfishing reel out to 6-7 yards. Then all I have to do is hold them down tight with the 500 # test line and go get them. :)

Rocket hammerheads and Jak hammers are in the quiver right now.

JKRATZ, I heard that for practice with the bullheads it works best to shoot them into an old pillow. It won't hurt anything at all. That is what I see most people do anyways.

I am going to harpoon mine with a bowfishing reel set up. I figured I can shoot well with a bowfishing reel out to 6-7 yards. Then all I have to do is hold them down tight with the 500 # test line and go get them. :)

Rocket hammerheads and Jak hammers are in the quiver right now.

JKRATZ, I heard that for practice with the bullheads it works best to shoot them into an old pillow. It won't hurt anything at all. That is what I see most people do anyways.

Discarded office chair seating/foam works great too!!:D If ya work for said Office seating Manufacturer!!!:way:

jkratz5 said:
Bullhead guys, are you shooting the arrows made specifically for the bullheads? Also, do they come with practice heads or have you done something to sight these in? I have been shooting hammerheads but want to do some head lopping if the setup change isn't substantial.

Kratz

Kratz,
Save yourself the headache and just buy three of the victory arrows. Call them and they will take care of you.

I shoot into an old block target with one head. Then change the blades on that head.

Bullheads come with an extra set of blades. So like Limb said target shoot with one head then change the blade for season.

Magnus warranty is great. Said he would replace any bent or broken blades. What other broadhead company does that.

Might as well just shoot em with a shotgun..... :moon:

picture.php

Kratz,
Save yourself the headache and just buy three of the victory arrows. Call them and they will take care of you.

I shoot into an old block target with one head. Then change the blades on that head.

That's what I am doing too. Havent got them yet, but that is the plan.

Kratz,

I was working the west des moines area today, so i slipped into scheels:D They have the victory arrows and bullheads on an end cap, so I picked up my 3 arrows and the huge 125 gr bullheads. I also took their last dsd submissive hen deke, so my dsd collection is complete.:D:D:D Tough to beat scheels for having the best of the best when it comes to gear.

Top Bottom