Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

What will this guy score???

M

mmataya

What will this guy score? To see a better pic you can check the gallery. I would guess 120 but I have no clue
smirk.gif
I know there is a way you can go by the deer's ear length. What is the average length of a deer's ear?

3155DSC_00621-med.JPG

3155DSC_005811-med.JPG

3155DSC_003611-med.JPG

181class:

Like I encourage and tell everyone in your position, it is within your best interest to learn how to score antlers. Contact your local taxidermist and either he/she can teach you or point you in the proper direction. You want to learn(and it is easy) to take the tape and do this yourself. Learning how to physically score a buck will help you field judge bucks whether in the field or on trail cam. Knowing how to score bucks will further enhance your efforts in having the proper age structure on your farm.

My guess is high 130's

[ QUOTE ]
I know there is a way you can go by the deer's ear length. What is the average length of a deer's ear?

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't it about 16" average tip to tip as far as the ears?

He's too busy checking the "radar" in those pics so it's hard to tell how they relate to his span though
grin.gif

Let's see, what will that buck score? I say a doe come November!!!

[ QUOTE ]
181class:

Like I encourage and tell everyone in your position, it is within your best interest to learn how to score antlers. Contact your local taxidermist and either he/she can teach you or point you in the proper direction. You want to learn(and it is easy) to take the tape and do this yourself. Learning how to physically score a buck will help you field judge bucks whether in the field or on trail cam. Knowing how to score bucks will further enhance your efforts in having the proper age structure on your farm.

My guess is high 130's

[/ QUOTE ]
I have found a very helpful guide for any deer hunter who wants to score deer.
Check out "A Hunter's Guide to Measuring Whitetail Deer" published by the Pope and Young Club if you're interested. Available on their website for less than $10.00. It is very helpful.
www.pope-young.org

181class...

I am seeing a score closer to what you were thinking, I am going to guess mid to high 120's gross and low to mid 120's net.

I am an official measurer for B&C and P&Y and can usually guess within a couple of inches - but it makes it harder when they are in velvet. However, I am not to proud to say I have been wrong before - it just looks like he needs to be a bit taller, longer main beams and needs to match up his G4 to get a net score in the 130's.

Top Bottom