Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

What's this?

Wapsi Tree Rat

First time ever in my life putting a trail cam up this early, so I have zero experience with "normality's" of things this time of year.

So please forgive my ignorance....what the heck are those black spots?

DEER SPOTS-1.JPGDEER SPOTS-2.JPG

No clue. First guess would be stickers, ticks, flies. In front of the bucks shoulder is that just something in the picture, wet spot or is that actually a bloody spot like it appears to be

After farther review I'm feeling a bit better. Same buck 24 hrs later and appears to have significantly fewer black spots.

deer spots-4.JPGdeer spots 5.JPG

Flies of the little small burrs. They are full of them this time of year, nothing to worry about.

good looking buck by the way!!!

Gonna say our horses are coverd in flies that look same as those! Must be miserable!!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Looks like flies on both of them. This year is the worst we’ve had flies in a long time up home. Barely any mosquitoes though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Correct...no mosquitoes that I have seen...but flies are thick. When the big horseflies won't leave me alone...I have a little badminton racquet I keep on the 4 wheeler to whack them with. :)

Top Bottom