Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Where did the big bucks go?

youngmoose

Man I am getting frutrated. With only 9 days left in the season all I have seen is does and small bucks. Where are the bucks heading this time of year?

Difficult to say depending on your available food sources in your areas. I would think if you got on a bean or cornfield with lots of crop residue on the ground you should have pretty good luck. I'd be willing to bet that the bucks are in the areas, just coming out later than the does.

You may need to get closer to the bedding area to get a shot or just pray for heavy snow and frigid temps to get them on their feet sooner in the day and on the food source. If you need to scout out your area for trails, try to do it as low of impact as you can to minimize the pressure and play the wind to your favor even more so now than a month or two ago.

Doing what Shredder said will be the biggest factor in putting the odds in your favor. From what I'm seeing around here the big boys are coming out under the cover of darkness and even as late as 10:00 before they make it to the open field.

Top Bottom