Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Where Do I Begin

ShedHunter1

Oh this has been a cat and mouse with this buck.
First it all begins on my big 20 acres that I own and do all my hunting on. Its just one of those propertys in the right place.
I first got pictures of Droptine in Sept. and thought wow that buck is messed up! He was now on the hit list with three other bucks.
About three weeks ago on a cold morning I seen him and another buck sparring and ended up snort weezing both bucks in to within bow range.
I ended up getting shot at him high above the spine. 100% my fault.
I was sick to my stomach. Looked for him for 3 days, and nothin. Until he started showing up on camera again and even posing like 'look at me'.
It was getting close, 6X6 said your going to kill him, Muddy said get your a$$ in the stand. And after church on Sunday I got in the stand about 11:30 shortly after I had a 2 1/2 yr. old 10ptr come through cruisin.
Then about a hr. after that here come a 4 1/2 yr. old 8 ptr a dandy but had his main beam snapped off. Let him walk.
Around 2:00 I heard leaves moving behind me and looked over my shoulder and there he was at 30 yds and coming in quick. He had his head pointed at the sky with his mouth wide open and he was running his toungue over his nose. I gave him the old bleet and nothin it was like he was completely out of it. I bleeted again and he stopped by this time he is at 18 yds and I let the arrow fly. I hit him a little further back. He took off showing that he was hit hard. I waited 2 1/2 hrs. and we started tracking. The blood faded to nothin and it was dark. We thought we jumped him but there was more than one deer in the area.
With my work schedule I had to go to work. We are so busy.
My neighbor ended up getting back on the blood trail and found him not far from were we stopped the night before.
The ups and downs came to an end and I closed the chapter on another bow season.
I want to thank the 'Pilot' for finding him for me and being that great neighbor and my family for helping on tracking him.
I'm not done yet Old Short-Tine 10 is out there yet!
Droptine has 12 pts and I believe he is 4 1/2 and may have some sheds off him.

picture.php

Man he does have some messed up bases! Very neat looking deer! Congrats on that one!

Great buck, congrats!! :way: It has to feel great to get him after the first run in didn't work out.

Couldn't be happier for you, Bill!!! That is one awesome buck and he couldn't go to a more deserving guy ... congrats!!!

-Longspurs-

Top Bottom