Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Where does it stop?

Someone said go on offense. Let’s do it.

I’m in SC Iowa and Rozenboom has a point. There are areas in Wapello, Appanoose, Monroe, Decatur, Wayne etc where deer are out of control. One day last gun 2 my wife lost count at 60 from a timber set Redneck blind in one day.

So, you’re lobbying Rozenboom and the Iowa legislature to control numbers. Per past legislative seasons the IBA has lobbied against Increased NR tags , NRLO access, crossbows and late rifles.

Provide viable alternatives to the state legislature to solve the problem. Leave it alone is not a solution.

I would imagine most of these areas/stretches of road etc where there are extremely high populations coincide with large private landowners and/or neighborhoods of landowners that hunt, but limit access. The areas/acres are likely pretty large and it doesnt matter what the state does, those pockets are going to stay in super high deer #s. IMO opening up more seasons/weapons etc is just going to trim #s further on public land and easy to access to private land. The pockets where its already high will stay high.

That’s not a suggestion. That’s a statement. Not every person in a legislative district is a trophy hunter. They are residents, farmers, non-hunters who are voicing this issue. Solve the problem. Offense!!

Lol. Really. I’m wide awake. Let’s be real. Rozenboom is a farmer who has resided here for 7 decades. Those who berate him are transplants here as residents 10 or 15 years. Provide him viable options.

Last edited:
Lol. Really. I’m wide awake. Let’s be real. Rozenboom is a farmer who has resided here for 7 decades. Those who berate him are transplants here as residents 10 or 15 years. Provide him viable options.
He could start by waging war on racoons instead of deer. One is far more destructive in iowa corn fields.

Attempting to manage deer thru legislation by politicians who have no clue is foolish from jump street.

• Deleted by IowaBowHunter1983
Show…
Rozendoom is a clueless boob. He exemplifies politicians who are disconnected from the real world. “I can’t make it as a private citizen…. Hey, I’ll be a slimy POLITICIAN!!!” He fits it to a T!!!! He doesn’t understand hunting or deer management…. He’s a hack. He’s a corrupt goon with a handful of buddies crying in his ear “we got in trouble for poaching deer. Deer that eat our crops. We want to kill them & we are in trouble. Help!”
So he pushes this crap. Insurance & IFC side right along with em- more guns rifling running deer like rabbit hunting - they love it!!!
When politicians run the deer regs - this is what we’ll get. Until guys like this are voted out or politicians aren’t the deciders on the regs- buckle up!!!
This man is an embarrassment to the Republican Party. He clearly is not a CONSERVATIVE (conserving nothing, liberalizing anything he can). Have folks too clueless in politics to fight against foolishness. You know how many hard core hunters are politicians in iowa? How many have managed a well balanced ecosystem on a farm with great success??? A big ZERO!!
If you’re successful at what you do- u keep doing it. If you’re not- you become a politician. There’s some good ones, no doubt. But this is the poster-child of bought & paid for political goon that cares nothing about our state or resource & only about special interests & those that keep the $ coming in. Common sense with these folks - that ship sailed long ago. Vote this guy out!!!!!!!!!!!!
All of this is spot in. He is another wretched old politician who bows down to his handlers.

Keep in mind, this is the same guy who announced his retirement and then, less than 2 months later, decided to run again. We need intelligent, progressive leadership in the Republican party, not more retreads of a by-gone era who believe they are smarter than anyone else.

Last edited:
I honestly believe the ONLY viable options folks like Rozenboom would take would require: more donations & more paid lobbyist's than he’s dealing with now.
The $ & buddy interests folks like him have his head so stuck in the sand he won’t change his warped & illogical thinking.

*ive farmed for 18+ years … I can detail both sides of folks stances. Could make arguments for both. His arguments are filled with holes & are classic cases of a politician putting lipstick on a pig. His case is as good as Biden claiming our nations problems are due to Russia.

Top Bottom