Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

where have they gone?

flugge

I have been in my treestand for the past 4 days, and have yet to see a deer...I am limited on time for school...are the deer moving through midday more now?

HANG IN THE FLUGGE !!! i THINK THE DEER ARE GONNA START MOVING AGAIN STARTING THURSDAY AND FRIDAY. SUNDAY, MONDAY, AND TUESDAY SHOULD BE THE BEST. I LIKE TO FOLLOW THE LUNAR PHASE AND THE LAST 3 DAYS BEFORE A NEW MOON USUALLY MEANS MORE ACTIVITY. BUT, WITH THAT SAID IT STILL COMES DOWN TO SPENDING ALOT OF TIME IN THE WOODS. GOOD LUCK AND SHOOT STRAIGHT.

Flugge, I also went from seeing deer almost every time I sat, morning or evening, to seeing almost nothing. (in any of my stands) My theory is that with the bright moon at night they have changed their feeding times & habits. I only have Thurs & Friday left to bowhunt, so I am going to move a stand a few hundred yards away from the scrapes to what is traditionally a high traffic crossing area and hope for some luck. Hope you have some luck too.

IaCraig

I've been hunting for the last 6 days, looks like the rut is over in my area....time to change tactics, you'll have much more success hunting bedding & feeding areas.

this a.m on my way to work i spotted some deer in the next section about 3/4 mile away.i couldtell that one was a buck but couldn't tell much until i stopped and put the glasses on the group of 4 does and a 150-160 class[way past the ears] buck.he was chasing one doe and then would stand there snifind and then go back to chasing. she finally laid down away from the group and he plopped down about 20 yards from her. she was definetly hot and he was definetly in rut. should be a good week! hey mom, they're doin' it again!

Top Bottom