Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Where in the state does everyone hunt?

M

Micah35

I hunt southwest Iowa, around Cumberland, and around Mt. Etna. I also hunt around Indianola and Pleasntville and may go over around Lisbon this year. Can't wait.

Micah

Usually I chase turkeys in Buchanan, Fayette and Allamakee counties, but this year, with a baby expected May 6, I won't be venturing very far from home so 99% of my turkey hunting will be done in Buchanan county. I've also taken birds in Jones and Linn counties.

I spend most of my time in Appanose county. In the past there have been tons of birds and I haven't run into another hunter yet. This year I'm going to try Union county. During the deer season we saw all kinds of turkeys. You could almost hunt them like pheasants! Good luck, looking forward to lots of good pics.

West Central Iowa, Loess Hills, some of the state forest.

SingleTom.jpg

Lone Tom cutting through the field, photo by me.

Ogz,

I hunted in Union county last year, east of Afton. There are a ton of birds. Although we didn't connect on anything the number of gobbles we heard in the mornings was awesome. Good luck, i don't think you'll need it but just in case
smile.gif

Micah

I have hunted in Davis County the last two years. I have seen alot of birds. My wife and I have had to wait for them (20+) to cross the road going through town.

Bowdude they are still plenty here, it was real frustrating trying to sneak into the woods deer hutnting this fall. It was nothing to walk into 40+ birds roosting and taking off, it was amazing sight watching them all take off. I just hope that they won't be shy in April.

later
Doug

Chipguy, Thats good to here, I'm headed down to Davis county Sat. morning. I love camping down in the timber in the spring to wake to the sound of gobblers in every direction, I wonder were the hottest bird will be? Good hunting!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey guys and gals,
Let me tell you that there are no turkeys in Appanoose county. Just kidding, I have hunted here for 18 years and have guided for the last five years. There are alot of birds down here. the last three years have been real good for my guide service, we took 30 birds out of 33 hunters down here last turkey season. Alot of these birds have come off of public land and the rest private land. I just got back from southern Florida and I harvested a real nice bird. He weighed 20pds, had a 10 inch beard, and had inch an half spurs. Not bad for a Florida bird. I hope this year is going to be as good as last year. "Remember to always identify your target before you pull that trigger, you can never bring it back."

Top Bottom