Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

White Bass Lures?

Cornfed

Bowhunting Addict
Anyone have a favorite white bass lure they want to share? I have managed to come on to a few schools of white bass lately while fishing. Seems as if some guys can really slaughter them.... I have only managed to pick up 3-4 at a time.

Any lure advise or tricks would be appreciated !

I caught quite a few off of little georges. Mine are white with a silver spinner. Picked them up at sportsmens warehouse.. I caught most of my whitebass off of minnows and leeches though.

By Far the best lure I have found for them is the HummBait by Mack's Lure. I have not been able to find them much in the midwest but nothing beats them. Google them and you can find some places to order them. Once you start throwing this thing into a school of white bass you will know what I mean.

While fishing at Red Rock below the dam, I had great success with top water poppers. When the school is around it's as fast as you can get the lure out.

Give me a good ol jig and twister tail! I like to set them up in tandem... two jigs, about a foot apart, both with different colors known to catch the white bass, stripers and hybrids. White chasing chartreuse is my all time fave, but don't count out oranges, pinks, or purples. I prefer smaller, 1/16th or 1/8th oz jigs. When I was younger I used to do well with roostertail spinners, mepps or anything like that...

It definately is a blast when you start to slaughter them though! Some of the fastest action you can find!

white twister tail with a beetle spin spinner on will kill em!

also, a 2 inch rapala or very similar cranks that dive up to 1-2 foot will smoke em when they are on a feeding frenzy on the surface!

killer baits!

This works especially well out at Palo!
;)

I usually troll with perch colored #3 shad raps and fat raps that dive anywhere from 8-13' when we fish at Red Rock, it's been a while since we've gone there though.

At Palo, we HAMMERED them on top-water skitterpops. Well, I think they were stripers if I remember right but I believe they feed the same as stripers on the surface. Just came home and they were hammering the surface out there...

Top Bottom