Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Wing Bone experts

tracker

Life Member
How do you get you calls to the right tone? Do you shorten up any of the bones if it sounds too high and not like an old hen

I'm no expert but I have made a few. I just go by trial and error. I make small adjustments and then tape the sections together to give a good seal. Then I try it again until I find the length/ sound that is the best. I then slowly peel back the tape and mark it with a pencil and then seal with epoxy. Try to keep your mouthpiece opening small. Like any call, they will sound a lot different outside. Take the time to step outdoors and give it a few yelps. Not sure if this has helped. PM me if you have any questions!

Hey that's a great idea with the tape. Also do you use a small permanent marker to make your stencil?

Thanks!

I use a marker bought at Hobby Lobby to make the drawings and to write with. I don't use stencils for anything. I am thinking about it to help with tougher designs, but so far I just use a fine tip marker made by Faber-Castel. When you try some different markers or inks, always check on a scrap piece of wood to see if it will run when you apply a finish coat.

I have 4 drying right now and hope to get some pics up in a day or two.

Top Bottom