Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

WOODBURY COUNTY DEER HUNTERS Your Help is needed

fhd101

my fellow woodbury county deer hunters. Based on EHD effects of 3 years ago and this years EHD extent of damage to our deer population I seek your help and I hope your support in cutting our doe predation tags until our deer heard in woodbury county shows signs of recovery. This years EHD took a lot of deer in our county and if we do not cut it to zero outside of city limits deer hunting and our recovery in population levels may take many years to recover. I seek to cut 400 doe predation tags sold in woodbury but yet maintain just 100 inside the city limits. Please show your support to our effort to recover our quality deer hunting opportunities. If we dont take any measures the consequences could be Long lasting. There is a meeting coming up in Feb down at Lewis & Clark center in Onowa and would like to get out in front of this and hope to make this a part of our discussions. Please show your support by sending our Regions Biologist an e mail and certainly our deer biologist an e mail demanding that they cut our doe predation tags in woodbury. Again I thank my fellow deer hunters for being leaders in the protection and recovery of our resources.
send you letters of support to

doug.chafa@dnr.iowa.gov
and to
tyler.harms@dnr.iowa.gov
thanks folks
Bill Smith

I recently heard how bad you guys got hammered with EHD…. That’s horrible. Sounds like 2019 over here. Some of those areas are still a year or 2 away from recovering. Best wishes to our western iowa buddies.

I tried to get Dnr to reduce doe tags in warren county after we lost 80% of our deer herd from ehd. Bottom line is the Dnr has no control of tag numbers. Lobbyist control those numbers. Our herd is in sad shape but never reduced tags. Money is bottom line.
I even tried to get guys to manage our own herd and not fill tags. That was wasted breath.

I feel your pain!! I been through EHD a few different times then topped of with a late shed buck season!
It’s like talking to a wall but never hurts to try and get the point across

I hear ya. Rural Woodbury is where I live. I've been warning about the declining herd and loss of rural habitat in this county for years. Everybody thought I was nuts. The way I see it...if you harvest a doe, you've likely killed 3 deer out of your herd. I haven't deer gun hunted here in the last 10 years. I've bow hunted here every year except this past year. Not even worth my time here. #s of deer have been dropping for some time. Trail cams & my bow hunter survey results have made me hunt elsewhere.

Top Bottom