Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Would you Rather

Eat the tag. Unless for some reason I am desperate for the meat. Numbers are bad enough as it is where I'm at so I'd rather not shoot an extra doe just to fill a tag.

I'll eat a tag before I shoot anything. I'm done with that fill the freezer crap. The war on Does is over...

Depends on how the hunt unfolds. If it happens just like I planned and he has a good set of head gear, you bet I'll kill him. I like taking bigger bucks, but above all im still a hunter.

When I own ground myself (<10yr plan) then I'll be much more selective and gladly eat a tag sandwhich.

Like mj said....eat it eat it please dont shoot it just eat it. Deer numbers are super low.

Like mj said....eat it eat it please dont shoot it just eat it. Deer numbers are super low.

The population in my area is still thriving that's the only reason I'd fill it with a doe. Plus, I can barely keep meat in the freezer more than a week with out it being ate.

EAT MY TAG. Unless I've never shot a buck that was 3. If I pass him and has great potential, it's going to be better for everyone else VS my instant self-gratification that I "need to fill a tag".

I have ate tag soup 2 years running (working on my 3rd sadly). I will at least shoot a couple more does. For whatever reason, I just can't/won't be happy shooting anything that doesn't excite me.

I'd eat the tag. You'd be amazed at what a little salt and pepper will do for it! But seriously, depends on what your trying to hunt for. Mature deer? Don't shoot the youngins. Freezer meat? Shoot the first good sized one that comes along. Decrease the population? Shoot a doe. I've had a few chances to fill my tag this year, but have not drawn the bow back (sometimes it doesn't even get picked up) because I'm holding out for Mr. Big.

I shot a deer this year that I wouldnt have normally shot, but it was my last day on a farm that I will no longer get to hunt...I have piled up the does every year, but now, I will no longer be doing that, and holding out for either a buck that I want or eat tag soup

Josh, if you are hunting here at home its still early. There will be a bigger one come along. If not theres still shotgun and late muzzy season. Pete and I are trying hard not to feel the pressure. Havent talked to Hardy!!!!!

Do what satisfies you. If you would be thrilled to shoot the 3 year old go for it. If you have shot your share of bucks and want to increase trophy potential hold off. Totally personal preference.

Pass, Happened Friday. Excited me but only to see what one more year will bring! Looks like another meal for me this year. Hope the orange army leaves him be also. Somehow they don't ever "get any", but there seem to be a few missing every year :confused:

Top Bottom