Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

WTB- big culvert tube- 6-8’ x 30-35’

Sligh1

Administrator
Staff member
Trying to make big crossing. Need at least 6’ tube. Or 8’ or whatever. 30’ (or I could weld 2 20’ ones together possibly with a ring) or bigger. If anyone knows of decent used one- be awesome. Or even some tips on where to find one.
new ones are delayed & need to sell a kidney to buy them. So- thinking a bit faster & usually folks have em around if dig some. Any help or willingness to sell be great!

our county road department buys old rail road tank cars and cuts the ends out for culverts. Not sure where they get them or cost but might be an option

our county road department buys old rail road tank cars and cuts the ends out for culverts. Not sure where they get them or cost but might be an option
Interesting...does anyone know how long such a tanker might last under ground? What is the thickness of the steel?

Yeah Sligh check with your county guys. Sometimes they have old pipe they dig up and replace with new. When we put new drive ways in for fields we just buy new pipe from the county really not that expensive.

Yeah Sligh check with your county guys. Sometimes they have old pipe they dig up and replace with new. When we put new drive ways in for fields we just buy new pipe from the county really not that expensive.
Oh sorry I see you said 6'or 8' . Would a old 1000 gal fuel tank work ?

Had a customer that bought 2 flat rail car beds for a bridge that set on a concrete wall on each end. I know he purchased them from a rail yard in Kansas city. Can't remember if they had tanker cars, I'll try an get some more info for you

Skip : We'll my guy can't remember if there were any tankers in KC but he does have a 33' x 9 ' tank 1/4 in thick , he's gonna get back to me on price it was a fuel tank from from a gas station he owned located by dubuque

Skip : We'll my guy can't remember if there were any tankers in KC but he does have a 33' x 9 ' tank 1/4 in thick , he's gonna get back to me on price it was a fuel tank from from a gas station he owned located by dubuque
That would for sure work!!!!!

Screenshot_2021-06-13-14-20-17.png

Top Bottom