Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Youth bow hunting question

dblmainbeam

I borrowed my old bow to a friends son(hes 14). He has been practicing and wants to hunt. He can hunt a short distance from his house(about 1/2 mile). I dont have the time to sit with him and his dad does not bow hunt. He wants to go out this weekend and were trying to find the regulations and its not yelling at me so I cant find it.

For a youth to bow hunt what are the requirements? I know he has to have hunters safety. Does he need a bow hunter safety class? Does he need a hunting license? He needs the tag i know. Does an adult licensed hunter have to be with him while he is hunting? Thanks for any help!

Well, from what I've understood he NEEDS a hunting license. (At least I had one) To hunt alone and the hunter safety. Other than that he's ready to go! Bring the hunters safety thing into the courthouse and get it worked out. That's what we did so I could hunt shotgun alone.

TH is correct. For him to hunt alone he needs his HS certification, hunting license, and tag. Not sure on habitat fee, but it never hurts to have that as well.

Thanks i guess i thought you couldnt get,a license until you were 16. Ill send them up to the courthouse so they can get what they need.

Top Bottom