Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Youth tag

You can use it during one of the shotgun seasons, and late muzzloader season if its not filled yet.

My CO told me 2 years ago, that a youth can basically start hunting during Gun 1 and keep hunting until the tag is filled. So all of Gun 1, Gun 2 and right into Late ML. They have no way to make you choose the season or police if you are there for one or all, and they wnat to see the youth be successfull and enjoy hunting.

From page 27 of the regulations to clarify.

Youth hunters with an Any-deer license who
do not take a deer during the youth deer hunting
season may use the Any-deer license and unused
tag during the early or late muzzleloader or one
of the two shotgun seasons ONLY. Party hunting
is not allowed while hunting with a youth
tag, regardless of the season. The deer must be
harvested by the youth whose name is on the tag.
Youth hunters may also obtain deer licenses for
other seasons like any other hunter. Youth Antlerless-
only licenses are good for only taking antlerless
deer during the youth season.
Sounds like it will be a warm start to start the shotgun season not the best for deer hunting but great weather for kids to sit in. Get them out there and enjoy nature at it's finest. :way:

"Youth hunters with an Any-deer license who
of the two shotgun seasons ONLY."

So I am still not sure by reading this, do they have to choose or can they start this weekend and keep going util filled right through late ML following all of the regulations?

"Youth hunters with an Any-deer license who
of the two shotgun seasons ONLY."

So I am still not sure by reading this, do they have to choose or can they start this weekend and keep going util filled right through late ML following all of the regulations?

They have to choose. They can only hunt one of the two shotgun seasons.

They have to choose. They can only hunt one of the two shotgun seasons.

How would the CO know?

My CO told me 2 years ago, that a youth can basically start hunting during Gun 1 and keep hunting until the tag is filled. So all of Gun 1, Gun 2 and right into Late ML. They have no way to make you choose the season or police if you are there for one or all, and they want to see the youth be successful and enjoy hunting.

Good CO in that county.

How would the CO know?

Good CO in that county.

Just tell your kid to lie! That sounds like a good idea. You could prolly go out in september and shoot a deer with a rifle and the co wouldnt find out either. Does that make it right? Both of my kids have youth hunted, and both have followed the rules to a T. I guess im just not that worried about my kid killing something! It was about the hunt for me.

Top Bottom