Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Zumbo the idiot.

[ QUOTE ]
Please don't kick me off of this site or tar and feather me, but I seriously do not have a problem with what he says! I think he hit the nail on the head! It's MY personal opinion that I don't think they should be used for hunting and that is what I think HE is saying too. Don't know why people are getting so pissy about it.
confused.gif

Maybe I'm reading it wrong but that is the way I have read it and I agree with him. Please don't crucify me for saying that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you feel this way? The autoloaders of today, are not the same as years ago. In the right hands, an AR 15 is as accurate as any bolt action. Some factory AR's are shooting 1/2" MOA out of the box, how many bolt actions can do that out of the box? Weatherby, one of the finest production bolt action rifles available, will only guarantee 1" groups out of the box. Alot of coyote hunters today, either use an AR or want to, and some of the 308 AR's are seen more and more out west in the hands of hunters.

[ QUOTE ]
zumbo is a moron, always was. somewhere along the line here, he has proven himself an idiot. either by writing an article, on which he knew absolutely NOTHING about, and forming an opinion based on his total lack of knowledge, or by his lame ass appology, now that he has taken some much negative critiscism. now, he will align himself with uncle ted, to try to redeem himself in the eyes of the hunting public. i wish ted would slap the taste outa his mouth.
zumbo's "heartfelt" appology has less to do with his "change of opinion" and everything to do with his loss of sponsorship dollars.

guy is a tool, and deserves to be lumped together with jimmy houston, troy gentry, wold hunting assoc, and the like.

[/ QUOTE ]

AMEN!!!!

[ QUOTE ]
Please don't kick me off of this site or tar and feather me, but I seriously do not have a problem with what he says! I think he hit the nail on the head! It's MY personal opinion that I don't think they should be used for hunting and that is what I think HE is saying too. Don't know why people are getting so pissy about it.
confused.gif

Maybe I'm reading it wrong but that is the way I have read it and I agree with him. Please don't crucify me for saying that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Deernut, the premise for disagreeing with Zumbo’s comments are rather simple: The “black guns” are identical to “traditional hunting guns” in both form and function. You can NOT be for one and against the other without contradicting your own opinion.

Statement from Outdoor Life...

[ QUOTE ]
Due to the controversy surrounding Jim Zumbo’s recent postings, Outdoor Life has decided to discontinue the “Hunting With Zumbo” blog for the time being. Outdoor Life has always been, and will always be, a steadfast supporter of our Second Amendment rights, which do not make distinctions based on the looks of the firearms we choose to own, shoot and take hunting.

[/ QUOTE ]

From Remmington...

[ QUOTE ]
Remington to Sever Sponsorship Ties with Jim Zumbo

Madison, North Carolina – As a result of comments made by Mr. Jim Zumbo in recent postings on his blog site, Remington Arms Company, Inc., has severed all sponsorship ties with Mr. Zumbo effective immediately. While Mr. Zumbo is entitled to his opinions and has the constitutional right to freely express those opinions, these comments are solely his, and do not reflect the views of Remington.

“Remington has spent tens of millions of dollars defending our Second Amendment rights to privately own and possess firearms and we will continue to vigorously fight to protect these rights,” commented Tommy Millner, Remington’s CEO and President. “As hunters and shooters of all interest levels, we should strive to utilize this unfortunate occurrence to unite as a whole in support of our Second Amendment rights.”

We regret having to terminate our long-standing relationship with Mr. Zumbo, who is a well-respected writer and life-long hunter.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ouch... that's gonna hurt!

Deernut,

I'm with you. I'm not a big fan of his show, but I have to agree that assault rifles don't belong in the hands of people who consider themselves true hunters and sportsmen. People seem to have forgotten the incident in Wisconsin. Yeah, yeah, I know it wasn't the gun that killed those guys, it was a "nutcase immigrant who was trespassing." But if he'd have been armed with a regular deer rifle instead of weapon of war, some of those people might still be alive.

I get real tired of the "when they pry it from my cold dead hands" attitude. Crap like that gives us all a black eye.

I have a very extensive gun collection, and yes some of them may be considered an "assult rifle". But by no means would I ever tell anyone what kind of weapon they choose to use while hunting. If it is a legal weapon, by all means, use it. If you outlaw the so called "assult rifles", you may as well outlaw all semi-automatic rifles. I shoot a browning semi-auto deer hunting in MO and KY. It only holds five rounds, but they are defenitly five very accurate rounds, so whats the difference if a coyote hunter shoots an accurate rifle with 10, 15, or 20 rounds?

3 beards,
Be careful of the slippery slope. Your example is good, but it could easily be reversed. Say the good guys were lucky enough to have been carrying a black gun and took out 5 "bad guys" before they were able to reak havoc.

We have to be very protective of all of our rights. Usually, taking them to the extreme is the best means of doing so. I encourage you not to give away layers to the anti's. What do I mean by layers? If we freely give up our black guns then the first thing anti-2nd ammedment folks will go after is our handguns, next our hunting rifles, and so on.

I prefer to keep as many weapons as possible available to all people. Remember, the bad guys will access them anyway. This has been proven over and over again. I'm sure your aware of this, but thought I'd remind you.

Jim Zumbo found out what happens when you deviate from the 2nd ammendment pathway. The NRA is very powerful and I am greatful. The extreme was taken out on Zumbo, but I guess thats the way it has to be.

I thought he deserved a second chance, but apparently that was the minority opinion and I guess I would rather see extremist type defense in regards to our 2nd ammendment rights than then the other polar extreme. I will lose no sleep over it.

Hope Jim saved enoough for retirement, because it looks like that is what he will be entering.

Deernut and Threebeards,

I don't personally own a military style weapon. I don't hunt with one and I really don't have any desire to own one.

I love the fancy walnut stocks and fine sporting guns as much as anyone.

But, please don't forget, the second amendment is NOT about choice of firearms, hunting, targets, or any other form of recreational shooting!

Strangely enough, all typical sporting arms were at one time considered military weapons. How easily some forget this.

As far as the "nutcase" in Wisconsin, murder is murder.

Would it have been less of a crime had he only used a shotgun and killed two people???

Just something to think about.....

With all due respect to those who sympathize with Zumbo’s position, here’s the problem that this issue magnifies…..

All anti-hunters simply want to end hunting regardless of the method or weapon. Anti- gun advocates want to end private gun ownership at all costs. Both groups stand together in unison in pursuit of their goals. The don’t intent to stop until they goals are achieved.

Some hunters (like Zumbo) only want the methods and weapons that they personally utilize to remain in play. They don’t stand in unison with other hunters who hunt by a different method or utilize a different weapon. Their goals are selfish, personalized and very destructive to both hunting rights and private gun ownership rights.

This is precisely why, when someone like Zumbo says that he is willing to give up your hunting method or weapon choice to save his own, that he gets his rear end handed to him by those who truly understand issue.

It didn't take long for outdoor companies to start dropping him.
I wonder what Zumbo thinks of the husband wife that hunt with 50 BMGs.

trust me, if the government can get enough of us "gun guys" to give in, and let them ban "assult rifles" its only a matter of time until my benelli, and my marlin .22 are added to the ban list, if you truly can't see that, YOU are the sheeple they desire.

you can have my gun, when you pry it from my cold dead hands, it a motto we should all abide by...wether its too "in your face" or not

todays "m-16" style "black guns" are every bit a hunting gun as a remmington 700. you can get them in many calibers, .223, .204, .243, .308, and i'm sure a few others. they are a vital part of the prairie dog scene, and can be as adequately used on a south dakota plains, in .204 caliber as an elk woods in colorado chambered in .308. any former soldier would undoubtedly feel a great comfort in having one in their home as the last line of defense.

[ QUOTE ]

todays "m-16" style "black guns" are every bit a hunting gun as a remmington 700.

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh come on...most people, including hunters, would not be comfortable if they seen someone coming through the woods with one of these in their hands. While I don’t want to see any guns taken away, let’s keep these guns for targets and something to keep under your mattress.

The problem with a lot of people is that they judge a firearm by how it looks. This firearm here is one of the most accurate firearms available on the market today. It will put 5 bullets into one ragged hole at 100 yds, all day long. It is a Rock River Arms EOP .223 semi-auto rifle with a Burris 4.5X14 scope on it. Most bolt action rifles can't hold a candle to the accuracy of this gun(except for Savages) People will look at this gun and say it has no business and serves no purpose as a hunting rifle. Why??? Because of the way it looks. They descriminate against its' looks. This is an awesome hunting rifle. It also would do well against some looting thugs moving through a neighborhood and kicking in doors like what happened during the Katrina Hurricane, or any type of self defense situation. I also have a DPMS LR .308 AR that shoots just as accurately.

rracoyotezh4.jpg

not to pimp another site, but iowaoutdoors.org has 5 pages of good reading on this topic. among the points are that zumbo's words are being used by gun rights nuts to prove that even hunters are against "assult rilfes", and that new legislation has been introduced, to bring back a tougher gun ban than the one in the clinton years.

i see zumbo's show in on the outdoor channel, i think i'll give it a look, to refresh my mind as to why i hate his show.
the program guide said the show was to be on at 4, and later on in the evening. at 4, zumbo's show wasn't on, replaced with a different one. i'm going to check in later to see if it is where its supposed to be. maybe the outdoorchannel has dropped his show. i hope they did. whether you like this gun or not, is one thing, but to give fodder to the anti's trying to eventually ban all guns, is unforgivable...period

[ QUOTE ]
No thanks, that site sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

your opinion, can't say that i asked for it, but thanks though. never asked you to join, just read. post wasn't to push the site, just some good opinions on THE TOPIC OF THIS POST, jim zumbo.

Top Bottom