Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Zumbo the idiot.

I am a member there, just never go on. They tried to ban me and a taxidermist buddy for speaking out against Outdoor Dan for his bashing of Scheels sporting good stores. Lost respect for the site after that. Too many liberal agenda mods on the site.

[ QUOTE ]
I am a member there, just never go on. They tried to ban me and a taxidermist buddy for speaking out against Outdoor Dan for his bashing of Scheels sporting good stores. Lost respect for the site after that. Too many liberal agenda mods on the site.

[/ QUOTE ]

run a search, i have a few posts on here, bashing the service i have gotten from scheels. there were a few others that recieved poor treatment as well. glad to see that "the site sucks" becaused you pissed off people there

He complained that he forgot to bring a coupon into the store and the store wouldn't take his word that he had one at home. A bunch of us got on there and said that Scheels shouldn't honor a coupon on word alone just because he thought he was a celebrity. Outdoors finally realized that Mathews bows biggest seller was Scheels and that Mathews wouldn't be happy with his bashing of Scheels. I also posted pics of rabbits shot with a bow and people over there freaked out. Sorry to bum you out on my opinion of the site. I said the word "hell" one time and was threatened with a ban. I also posted a funny animated cartoon of Richard Gere looking at a Gerbil and the Gerbils' eyes got real big. That was it. The Gerbils' eyes got big. A mod threatened to ban me if I did a post like that one more time. WAAAAAY TOO UPTIGHT of a place for me. Glad you like it though.

BTW, Jim Zumbo is an ASS and should never do anything commercially, whether in magazines or TV, with hunting again in his life. He is a traitor to hunters/gunowners worldwide with his comments.

Hats off to Remington. They are done with Zumbo!!!!

http://www.remington.com/library/press/2007/2007-1.asp

Home > Library > Press > 2007 > 2007-1
Press
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Remington to Sever Sponsorship Ties with Jim Zumbo

Madison, North Carolina – As a result of comments made by Mr. Jim Zumbo in recent postings on his blog site, Remington Arms Company, Inc., has severed all sponsorship ties with Mr. Zumbo effective immediately. While Mr. Zumbo is entitled to his opinions and has the constitutional right to freely express those opinions, these comments are solely his, and do not reflect the views of Remington.

“Remington has spent tens of millions of dollars defending our Second Amendment rights to privately own and possess firearms and we will continue to vigorously fight to protect these rights,” commented Tommy Millner, Remington’s CEO and President. “As hunters and shooters of all interest levels, we should strive to utilize this unfortunate occurrence to unite as a whole in support of our Second Amendment rights.”

We regret having to terminate our long-standing relationship with Mr. Zumbo, who is a well-respected writer and life-long hunter

[ QUOTE ]
Deernut,

I'm with you. I'm not a big fan of his show, but I have to agree that assault rifles don't belong in the hands of people who consider themselves true hunters and sportsmen. People seem to have forgotten the incident in Wisconsin. Yeah, yeah, I know it wasn't the gun that killed those guys, it was a "nutcase immigrant who was trespassing." But if he'd have been armed with a regular deer rifle instead of weapon of war, some of those people might still be alive.

I get real tired of the "when they pry it from my cold dead hands" attitude. Crap like that gives us all a black eye.

[/ QUOTE ]

Educate yourself; go to a gun show or local gun dealer, pick up an AR see how it is made, then if you are lucky to have an opportunity to shoot one at the range, you will be very impressed with how accurate these guns are, much more accurate than most shooters can be. Now ask yourself, what are the best attributes of a hunting rifle? Accurate? Yes, Impervious to weather conditions? Yes, dependable? Yes, reliable? Yes, multiple calibers? Yes, ease of use? Yes, no shiny surfaces? Yes, legal? Yes, easy to clean? Yes readily available cartridges? Yes, The AR 15 series of rifles answers all of the questions with a resounding YES! How many “traditional” hunting rifles can answer yes to all of those questions?

Also, what gives us a "black eye" is dissention and arguing about gun rights between gun owners/supporters, and idiots like Jim Zumbo.

I personally would never own one of those rifles, In my opinion they are ugly, and I really don't care how well they shoot. What scares the hell out of me is people running around with these guns or any gun for that matter with the attitude if I don't get it on the first shot maybe I will get him on the 19th shot. I wouldn't mind if people were limited to 5 shot magazines, most guns do. If they really are that accurate nobody should care right?
shrug[1].gif
I could really care less what Jim Zumbo said, it is his opinion.

[ QUOTE ]
I personally would never own one of those rifles, In my opinion they are ugly, and I really don't care how well they shoot. What scares the hell out of me is people running around with these guns or any gun for that matter with the attitude if I don't get it on the first shot maybe I will get him on the 19th shot. I wouldn't mind if people were limited to 5 shot magazines, most guns do. If they really are that accurate nobody should care right?
shrug[1].gif
I could really care less what Jim Zumbo said, it is his opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Educate yourself; if you are using an AR for big game hunting, you must use a five round magazine. So there is no debate on that. Most AR's used for varmint hunting also use five round magazines, or magazines with a five round block. What does magazine capacity have to do with accuracy?

Yes, it is Jim Zumbo's opinion, and he has every right to express his opinion, however, when gun and ammo manufactures sign your paycheck, you must use good judgment when you communicate. Would any boss/owner put up with you if you publicly badmouthed his/her industry? Gun owners also have their right to free speech, which is what they did in mass, and because of that, the Gun and ammo manufactures fired Jim Zumbo, and did so as quick as possible. Free speech comes with responsibility.

Magazine capacity has nothing to do with Accuracy, that is my point. Extra lead in the air does nothing for you. Just because THE LAW says you can't have a magazine greater than 5 rounds means nothing. I have seen many sks's running around with 30 shot clips.

[ QUOTE ]
Magazine capacity has nothing to do with Accuracy, that is my point. Extra lead in the air does nothing for you. Just because THE LAW says you can't have a magazine greater than 5 rounds means nothing. I have seen many sks's running around with 30 shot clips.

[/ QUOTE ]

The law is the law, if someone chooses to break the law, then turn them in.

If you have seen "many" people running around with sks's that have 30 round "clips" (magazine) what are they doing? Hunting? In Iowa?

Also, SKS's have a fixed magazine, most are 10 round fixed, a few are 20 round fixed, and there are after market 30 round, however, not a real good functioning magazine.

As far as accuracy goes, most AR owners take alot of pride in their ability to shoot very tight groups and would be insulted if anyone would suggest that they just put "extra lead in the air". Understand these are precision rifles, not cheaply made junk, most costing right around $1000.00, with some going for much more.

Back to the original point of the thread, Jim Zumbo is getting what he deserved, and that is him being Fired and loosing most if not all credibility that he had, however, those of us that support gun rights will have to make up the ground that Mr Zumbo cost us. His comments are being used on every gun control web page and blog on the internet to support their cause. To make matters worse a few so called “gun supporters” are agreeing with Mr Zumbo on public forums which adds fuel to the fire.

Education on the subject is the key.

The only difference between the RRA .223 that I posted previously with the dead coyote and the Browning Bar semi-auto rifle below is looks, accuracy, and mag capacity. The Browning WILL NOT shoot as accurately, GUARANTEED. So do we keep the Browning legal as it looks more like what you want, or keep the RRA since it is more accurate and better at taking game? If you make one not legal, the other one is illegal too. You can't have it both ways. Hense, the rightful decision of Remington and Outdoor life to distance themselves from Mr. Zumbo. Any other sportsman and 2nd amendment supporter should too.

browning3006baraf9.jpg

[ QUOTE ]
The only difference between the RRA .223 that I posted previously with the dead coyote and the Browning Bar semi-auto rifle below is looks, accuracy, and mag capacity. The Browning WILL NOT shoot as accurately, GUARANTEED. So do we keep the Browning legal as it looks more like what you want, or keep the RRA since it is more accurate and better at taking game? If you make one not legal, the other one is illegal too. You can't have it both ways. Hense, the rightful decision of Remington and Outdoor life to distance themselves from Mr. Zumbo. Any other sportsman and 2nd amendment supporter should too.

browning3006baraf9.jpg

[/ QUOTE ] Hey, easy on the Brownings, I love that gun
grin.gif
, and shoot one. You are right, they are not as accurate as an AR, but their pretty dang good for a .270 automatic to shoot a 1 1\2 four shot group at 100 yards.

[ QUOTE ]
Outdoors finally realized that Mathews bows biggest seller was Scheels and that Mathews wouldn't be happy with his bashing of Scheels.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not that it has anything to do with this argument but I've never seen a Mathews bow (except a trade in) hanging at Scheels. Pretty sure the two big names they deal are Hoyt and Bowtec. And as far as the AR's, bolt actions, and Zumbo is concerned, I agree with the majority, a gun is a gun and most of the time the true accuracy of it depends on who is holding it. After all, I don't think it was an AR in the hands of the crazy guy on top the clock tower at U. of Texas way back when. I wonder how Zumbo is gonna like having to pay for his ammo now...

I'll take a step back and try to look at it from both points of view. My guess is that Zumbo looks at it as more of an ethics issue. I haven't watched a-lot of his shows in the past, but the ones I do remember watching were of him using a bolt action rifle. I once owned a Weatherby 30-378, and if I remember correctly I could only put 2 in the magazine, and one in the chamber. Maybe he is more concerned with giving his game a sporting chance, as opposed to having the ability to rip off 5 to 10 rounds at a fairly fast rate. Not really sure where he was headed with his comments, but he has always seemed like an "old school" type of hunter and outdoorsman. I have a hard time believing he would purposely "knock" any party or group in which the Right to Bear Arms was associated with. I myself am a bowhunter, but don't care to see a crossbow allowed into the regular bow season. Does this make me an anti-hunter, or unpatriotic? No, it just means that I have my own personal opinion, and sometimes not everyone agrees with it. On the flip side, Mr. Zumbo should have known better than to voice his opinion to the folks that he did, unless he was ok with idea of losing some of his sponsors and fans. If you're going to make a living out of something you love to do, for gosh sakes don't bash the same people that are paying your annual salary. One more thing for the AR owners. If you really wanted an accurate gun, and weren't concerned with the firing rate, why not buy a bolt-action with a heavy barrel? Just curious.

[ QUOTE ]
I'll take a step back and try to look at it from both points of view. My guess is that Zumbo looks at it as more of an ethics issue. I haven't watched a-lot of his shows in the past, but the ones I do remember watching were of him using a bolt action rifle. I once owned a Weatherby 30-378, and if I remember correctly I could only put 2 in the magazine, and one in the chamber. Maybe he is more concerned with giving his game a sporting chance, as opposed to having the ability to rip off 5 to 10 rounds at a fairly fast rate. Not really sure where he was headed with his comments, but he has always seemed like an "old school" type of hunter and outdoorsman. I have a hard time believing he would purposely "knock" any party or group in which the Right to Bear Arms was associated with. I myself am a bowhunter, but don't care to see a crossbow allowed into the regular bow season. Does this make me an anti-hunter, or unpatriotic? No, it just means that I have my own personal opinion, and sometimes not everyone agrees with it. On the flip side, Mr. Zumbo should have known better than to voice his opinion to the folks that he did, unless he was ok with idea of losing some of his sponsors and fans. If you're going to make a living out of something you love to do, for gosh sakes don't bash the same people that are paying your annual salary. One more thing for the AR owners. If you really wanted an accurate gun, and weren't concerned with the firing rate, why not buy a bolt-action with a heavy barrel? Just curious.

[/ QUOTE ]

An AR with a heavy barrel is more accurate, fits more comfortably, and easier to get on target, and also allows for a second shot without removing your hand away from the action.

If you notice most Sniper teams both civilian and military are going to the AR series of rifles.

Also comparing a cross bow to a compound bow is not a fair comparison. ( I agree with you on the point about not wanting them during traditional bow season). The comparisons between the AR series and other semi auto is purely cosmetic, the operate the exact same way.

Zumbo never made any comment about the AR rifle being unfair to the game, or offering too many rounds, his comments associated the AR series of rifles with terrorists (I wont go into what he said any more as it is all over the net and probably this forum).

[ QUOTE ]
An AR with a heavy barrel is more accurate, fits more comfortably, and easier to get on target, and also allows for a second shot without removing your hand away from the action.

If you notice most Sniper teams both civilian and military are going to the AR series of rifles.

Also comparing a cross bow to a compound bow is not a fair comparison. ( I agree with you on the point about not wanting them during traditional bow season). The comparisons between the AR series and other semi auto is purely cosmetic, the operate the exact same way.

Zumbo never made any comment about the AR rifle being unfair to the game, or offering too many rounds, his comments associated the AR series of rifles with terrorists (I wont go into what he said any more as it is all over the net and probably this forum).

[/ QUOTE ]
What makes an AR more accurate? A commercial round is a round, and steel is steel. Is the interior of the barrel designed differently that a Weatherby or a Browning?

I thought most Sniper teams were using digitally enhanced, electronic firing .50 calibers? Ever shot one? They're awesome!!

I know Zumbo never made any comments about the AR offering too many rounds, or being unfair to game, but this post has forked off in different directions a few times already.
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Educate yourself; if you are using an AR for big game hunting, you must use a five round magazine. So there is no debate on that. Most AR's used for varmint hunting also use five round magazines, or magazines with a five round block. What does magazine capacity have to do with accuracy?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Not that it has anything to do with this argument but I've never seen a Mathews bow (except a trade in) hanging at Scheels.

[/ QUOTE ]
Go to the Scheels in West Des Moines they will have all of the Mathews you could want. Drenalines that is.

[ QUOTE ]
The last few days have been an educational experience, to say the least. My ill-conceived inflammatory blog, as all of you now know, set off a firestorm that, I’m told, has never before been equaled. I’m not proud of that.

Let me say this at the outset. My words here are from the heart, and all mine. No one can censor me, and I answer to no one but myself. And I have no one to blame but myself. Outdoor Life, a magazine that I worked for full-time as Hunting Editor for almost 30 years, fired me yesterday. My TV show was cancelled yesterday. Many of my sponsors have issued statements on their website to sever all relationships. This may cause many of you to do backflips and dance in the streets, but, of course, I’m not laughing, nor am I looking for sympathy. I don’t want a pity party.

They say hindsight is golden. Looking back, I can’t believe I said the words “ban” and “terrorist” in the context that I did. I don’t know what I was thinking when I wrote that. I can explain this as sheer ignorance and an irresponsible use of words. What I’ve learned over the last few days has enlightened and amazed me. As a guy who hunts 200 days a year, does seminars on hunting, wrote for six hunting magazines, had a hunting TV show, and wrote 20 books on hunting, how could I have been so ignorant and out of touch with reality in the world of hunting and shooting?

But I was. I really can’t explain it, maybe because I just summarily dismissed the firearms in question in my mind when I saw them in magazines and catalogs. I saw one “black” firearm in a hunting camp in all my 50 years of hunting, and I shot one last year off a boat when fishing in Alaska. To tell the truth, it was fun and I enjoyed it immensely, but I never considered one for use in hunting. I have to tell you that I have had a revelation. I’m learning that many of my pals own AR-15’s and similar firearms and indeed use them for hunting. I was totally unaware that they were being used for legitimate hunting purposes. That is the absolute truth.

My biggest regret is not the financial impact of all this. I’m almost 67 and retirement is an option. The dreadful impact here is that I inadvertently struck a spear into the hearts of the people I love most…America’s gun owners. And, even though this huge cadre of dedicated people have succeeded in stripping me of my career, I hold no grudges. I will continue to stand as firm on pro hunting as I’ve ever done. But what’s different now is that I’ll do all I can to educate others who are, or were, as ignorant as I was about “black” rifles and the controversy that surrounds them. My promise to you is that I’ll learn all I can about these firearms, and by the time this week is out, I’ll order one. The NUGE has invited me to hunt with him using AR-15’s, and I’m eager to go, and learn. I’ll do all I can to spread the word.

I understand that many of you will not accept this apology, believing that the damage has been done and there’s no way to repair it. You have that right. But let me say this. I mentioned this above, and I’ll repeat it. I’m willing to seize this opportunity to educate hunters and shooters who shared my ignorance. If you’re willing to allow me to do that, we can indeed, in my mind, form a stronger bond within our ranks. Maybe in a roundabout way we can bring something good out of this.

Jim Zumbo

[/ QUOTE ]

Top Bottom