Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

197" Deer Poached in Jasper County

6x6 is right, while he might gross 185-195, but he will not net that high as a typical... What a shame, no matter the score

What is going to hit this dude a whole lot more is not being able to hunt in his home state or about 38 other states including out west becuase of the compact with other states. Caught poaching in one state, just like doing it in another state. Some People just dont think anymore!! Have to shoot a bigger buck than anyone else and look where it gets you!! GREED got this guy and now the system is getting him!! GIVE IT TO HIM GOOD!!

does it really matter if its a record or not?! the fact is its a heck of a deer that was poached.. glad they caught them, shame a deer like that went to waste

$611 in fines? Really? :thrwrck:

Not at all proud to say he's from my hometown (or just south of there).

The fines are criminal. Usually it is the civil penalty that is in the thousands of dollars. That is usually determined at a later date. I believe by State Code, up to fifteen thousand dollars for a deer over 150 inches.

hhttp://www.iowadnr.gov/Portals/idnr/uploads/Hunting/huntingregs.pdf
Page 18

In addition to penalties assessed by the court, a person
who is convicted of unlawfully selling, taking, catching,
killing, injuring, destroying or having in their possession
any animal, shall reimburse the state for the value of the
animal as follows
:
1. For each antlered deer, reimbursement shall be based on
the score of the antlered deer as measured by the Boone and
Crockett club’s scoring system for whitetail deer as follows:
(a) 150 gross inches or less....................... $2,000 to $5,000
and 80 hours of community service or, in lieu of the
community service, a minimum of $4,000 and not more
than $10,000, in an amount that is deemed reasonable by
the court.
(b) More than 150 gross inches.............. $5,000 to $10,000
and 80 hours of community service or, in lieu of the
community service, a minimum of $10,000 and not more
than $20,000, in an amount that is deemed reasonable by
the court.

2. For each deer ....................................................... $1,500

I say drench the scumbag in doe in estrus piss and lock him in a fenced in area with a ton of bucks and throw the key away!!

the kid i know pretty well and let me say he was a dumbass!!!!!!!!!!! the buck was taken thanksgiving moring nov 22 in jasper county the newton area around the prision he shot it with his 12 gauge shot gun using a spot light! reall to bad many of us had trail cam pics of the buck and were hoping to get him with a bow!

Top Bottom