Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

1st Buck On Trail Cam!!

rookie10pt

Well i just went and set up a stand and checked my trail camera yesterday, and was pleasantly surprised to find this...How old do you think he is? I know its not a very good picture but any guess on what he would score?
picture.php

I'll give you guys a little back ground on my situation...first, this is my second year bow hunting, and i was lucky enough to shoot an 140in deer last year. the place were this picture was taken is out in the middle of ag fields, the closest grove of trees(not very big) is 3/4 of a mile away. And it is very diffucult to get picture of deer here just because of the lay of the land(deer go all over the place and don't stick to any trail). Should i shoot him? Being 3 1/2 HE might be bigger next year right? I would have a hard time not shooting him if he walked by my stand...And btw you have to walk 1/2 mile through fields to get to this place:way: I'm just excited that i got a picture of a buck!!

I should cut that branch down!!

Last edited:
That is a good deer. I am sure he will look big enough if he walks under you. Some guys would pass him and some guys would pay big money to be able to shoot him so do what ever is fun, exciteing, fulfilling to you. What does your signature say?

Sounds like its time for a ground blind. :)

I thought of that, actually i had a blind i found near our house that blew in from some were, but some one stole it:mad: I set up a tree stand about 50yds from were this picture was taken...in one of the few trees there. I am hoping he walks past in October!!

Top Bottom