Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

20 Ga. Shotgun Question

high shoulder shot will out them down with zero tracking. even centering the crosshairs on the shoulder should out them down within a few yards of the shot. I switched to a 20 gauge a few years ago and it has accounted for quite a few and none have made it out of sight

I hope you know that you just purchased one of the top slug guns in the industry!!

I love the 20ga savage! Top it with a 3-9x40 and get it 1" high at 100.. shoot it at 150 then at 200yds on the range. You will be surprised!! I prefer hornaday Sst, but Remington accutip is a decent slug also.

50-150yds aim small miss smaller
200yds.. rule of thumb for my guns is that you better keep your crosshairs in the deer's fur.. not much holdover is needed... And you can put down deer with the 20ga at 200 no problem. And still be 100% ethical if your confident in your setup

Yeah, I bought it cause it's probably going to be the last shotgun I buy (for my wife of-course! :)).... Nice little gun. I can't wait to test it out for her on a couple ladies here soon! I have a 3-9x40 on it, and it's ready to rock!

The 20 guage with the 3 inch federals are no different than a standard muzzleloader load. 260 grain barnes expander shooting about 1900fps. Pretty much the same as most muzzleloader loads

high shoulder shot will out them down with zero tracking.
High shoulder 20 minutes before the end of shooting yesterday, not a 20 gauge but a .45 slug. DRT
PC050010.jpg

Top Bottom