Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

2009 mule deer with a bow

Nebraska_hunter

Havent posted in a while but here's the short story on this boy... Called my dad at 3 sunday afternoon and told him that i wanted to head out to the hills to do some bow hunting. So we hop in the truck and head to the hills. rode around and saw very few deer. Mabey 8 mulie does and two small bucks... We decided to go across the road and try the hills on the other side. We were moving right along down in the canyons and i look into a pocket and thought i saw the white of a head.. Told my dad to back up, so we did and sure and sh*t their he was. Was laying against a blowout in the canyon. Told my dad to pull forward so i could get out and climb up this hilll... So i start up the hill crouched over, get to the top and i peeked over the hill twords the blow out and nothing... So i stand up and look tword my dad... He's waving his hands point twords the north... So i crouch down again and go another 40 yards and their he was. (feel kinda dumb i tought he got up and ran but i looked at the wrong blowout) but i snuck up behind him got within 35-40 yards. He was watching my dad who was kinda hidden behind a hill watching about 150 yrds away... To my suprise he didnt hear me.. Then i was in dought to shoot him because he was laying down.. Figured this was py the only chance i had at him so i let the arrow fly. :D landed right where i wanted :way: he got up and ran mabey 20-30 yards and he dropped. Was pry the best feeling in the world when he got up and i saw he was bigger than what i thought. A lot bigger. This is my first BUCK ive shot with my bow and my best so far. Now i gotta clear a spot for him on the wall. The best deer hunt my dad and i have been on so far and it wont soon be forgotten
16258_206654385549_504365549_4107548_1886097_n.jpg
16258_206654365549_504365549_4107547_7891837_n.jpg

we need muleys here in iowa im an old nebraska boy wanted a muley u drove 10 miles north whitatails south to the platte. nice buck

Top Bottom