Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

300+ inches!

Congrats on an awesome season!

I saw a dark rack at a taxidermy shop last weekend that I thought was yours, but then you said you have it back already.

Nice deer congrats! I'll go with 320" total. That half rack looks like a big old boy. Is that goofy side broke, or is that all he grew?
The left side grew that way. it is a big club/ball with a coupel points growing out of it. Taxidermist said the skull had been fractured (maybe a car, fight, or slug) a year or more before and a big calcium deposit formed by the top of the horn causing it to deform and try to grow down.

those are some sweet bucks! ill guess the gross scores... for the 8 ill say 151".. the 10 ill say 158"

Okay...there are some pretty good score estimates here and I understand the age estimate is tough to impossible with the limited body pics i posted.

On score:
The 8 pt scored 161.25 gross typical and 179.25 gross non-typ.
The 10 pt scored 169 gross and 165 net.

On age:
I was totally off on both of these after seeing both on the hoof and lots of time to examine them after I got them. The 8 pt had a fat belly and lots of mass and junk on the rack. I expected him to be very old. Turns out he is 4.5 or maybe 5.5.
The 10 pt was only 180 lbs, sleak body, no swayed back, and average mass. I estimated 3.5 or 4.5. If 3.5 he had the potential to be a world class buck. I debated if I should shoot or not, but could not resist such a nice buck. Glad i took him because he turns out to be a good 2 years older than the 8 pt, so 6.5 to 7.5 years old. Teeth were wore almost to the gums on the inside. I'll be interested to see the tooth bisection age results to get a little more accurate age.

Thanks for the replys! Now off to plan how to top this year. I know it will probably never get topped, but that does not mean I won't try!!!

I still have the 8 gross typ. at low 140's and the 10 at gross high 150's.
I understand and respect your opinion especially because it is rare to get an 8 pt over 150. This just goes to show how hard it is to accurately score a deer from pictures and how far off we can be. One of the main reasons I wanted to post these was for fun and the other was to show how far we can be off when estimating score or age from harvest or trail cam pictures. Regretfully it too often turns into an argument and that is hopefully not the point of this site. (I'm not saying you are trying to argue I just want to make sure it does nto go there.)

Happy Holidays to all!!
2-bucks

Both are great bucks for sure and definitely look great on the wall.

I'm waiting for my bow buck and rifle antelope back yet and that wait is just pure pain. I hope to have the buck back in time for the IA deer classic and an official score done.

Top Bottom