Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

8 year old killed firing Uzi at gun show

I saw that on the news, and all I can say is Tragedy! Me being a Father and all, there is no way I would let my Girls even try to shoot something like that at there age of 12, little alone 8. SUPERVISED OR NOT! Some parents are works of art, NOT! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sick.gif

RE: the above posted link...

Francis T. Mitchell, a long-time trustee at the Furrowtown Road sportsman's club, called the incident an accident that should not have happened. "We did our jobs," he said of club safety officers. "We run a safe club. Everyone here is in a state of shock," he said.

"This is a terrible tragedy," Humason said. "It was a tragedy not through the negligence of the instructors or the club. Everything was done under the supervision of licensed instructors."

Yeeeeeahhhhhhhhhh, nothing like putting a positive spin on it while at the same time covering thy anus. The people at that outfit need to learn a lesson in brevity when it comes to commenting. Maybe just me but how about focusing on the lost child as opposed to how it wasn't their fault. Even as a right wing gun nut that article rubbed me wrong. Can't imagine the anti's interpretation. What a terrible deal for all involved.

cry2.gif

I'm sure I'll get ripped a new one for saying this, but I still don't see any reason why automatic weapons are legal outside the military and law enforcement. There is absolutely no reason why a civilian needs to own an automatic machine gun! This is very very sad and my heart goes out to the parents of the young boy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: iowabucks</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.drudge.com/news/114206/boy-killed-firing-uzi-gun-show

Idiots and their comments too. </div></div>

Truly sad, no matter what happened.

However...I am now dumber from reading some of those comments in that link. It's amazing how tough people think they are posting comments like some of those online.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I'm sure I'll get ripped a new one for saying this, but I still don't see any reason why automatic weapons are legal outside the military and law enforcement. There is absolutely no reason why a civilian needs to own an automatic machine gun! This is very very sad and my heart goes out to the parents of the young boy.</div></div>

X 2.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 180class</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm sure I'll get ripped a new one for saying this, but I still don't see any reason why automatic weapons are legal outside the military and law enforcement. There is absolutely no reason why a civilian needs to own an automatic machine gun! This is very very sad and my heart goes out to the parents of the young boy. </div></div>

I agree.

I love the SEMI-automatic rifles that I have. I also feel that fully auto rifles should be very limited, mainly to military personal.

Gotta agree with 180.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Saskguy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I'm sure I'll get ripped a new one for saying this, but I still don't see any reason why automatic weapons are legal outside the military and law enforcement. There is absolutely no reason why a civilian needs to own an automatic machine gun! This is very very sad and my heart goes out to the parents of the young boy.</div></div>

X 2. </div></div>

I also feel dumber after reading those comments...

this was not a gunshow like what we have at the state fairgrounds. fully auto guns aren't available for private ownership, unless you have a special permit from the federal government. this show was basically for owners of fully auto guns to show them off, and let people who would never get the chance, to shoot one. that being said, i can't see why anyone under the age of ATLEAST 14, even under CLOSE supervision, would be allowed to shoot one

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: teeroy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">this was not a gunshow like what we have at the state fairgrounds. fully auto guns aren't available for private ownership, unless you have a special permit from the federal government. this show was basically for owners of fully auto guns to show them off, and let people who would never get the chance, to shoot one. that being said, i can't see why anyone under the age of ATLEAST 14, even under CLOSE supervision, would be allowed to shoot one </div></div>

ditto,
these are NOT toys. Sub-compact weapons have nasty recoils. can't imagine what dad was thinking. Anti-gun crowd will latch on to this and try to pass some other law to save us from ourselves.

Top Bottom