Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

a shot at last!

bigbukfevr

I know im not the only one this year that had a heck of a time seein shooters. i know they were there just not when i was for some reason. last year went awesome with the harvest of "ten", my dream buck in mid october. i heard of good bucks bein killed but not in the numbers they normally are in my area. I figured up i was in stand for probably 40-45 sits this yea, the most ever in a season for me, several all dayers and sits in perfect conditions and i just never could seem to have a a mature deer come in. in early november we had a great 10 walk out into a foodplot, stand there 200yds away for 2 seconds, and then walk right back where he came from, that was the only shooter i saw until jan 2nd. we were sittin in a pasture when a group of bucks walked out, one being a giant 9 with some trash in the 175" range that we had no history with whatsoever but well out of bow range. we videoed him and dreamed. well i hunted the pasture a couple times throughout the week and didnt see anything. on thursday the 6th, my boss asked me if id killed a deer yet and i said of course not, just not in the cards for me this year. he asked when the season was over and i told him monday, he asked if i could hunt monday and i said yes. turns out, he offers to let me have friday and monday off to try and get something killed. friday mornin rolled in and we headed to the woods with little hope if any. i went back to a stand that i a tiny bit of confidence in and sat down and waited, and waited. long story short, this 9ptr comes in and almost catches me off guard. i grab my bow and start studyin him. he didnt look like much from the front and i was questioning shootin him until he turned and i could see he was a deer that i knew and wanted to kill this year. i draw and he stands there, FOREVER. a for sure two minutes holdin back my z28 my backs goin crazy my arms are bout to give out he finally takes a step toward me and turns broadside at 25yds. i stop him, shoot(absolute moneyshot) and watch him run off while i was pantin like a dog and freakin out cause i actually got to shoot a good buck after all the time and effort we put in this year. he runs 80yds and piles up just 10 yds from the 4wheeler trail. hes a 4.5yr old 9 with one broken brow tine, tapes out at 150" right on the nose. his brow tines were a bit of a disappointment, one was broke off and sheds from the previous 2 years he has huge 7" bladed monster brows and this year he has a spindly mediocre set. im super pumped to have gotten the opportunity to kill a deer, this deer as he is a great deer to shoot as well as a great buck to cull off the property. sorry for the long story but it just matches the season i and a bunch of other hunters had this year. heres a couple pics.

scotts2010buck015.jpg

scotts2010buck003.jpg

Great job man way to get it done on such a tough tough season you 190 is coming next year. That G3 is amazing what is that 13-14 inches?

Very nice! With all the deer in your neck of the woods its hard to believe you had a hard time finding a shooter! You have one there! Congrats:drink2:

Solid buck, you'll always feel good about him as you remember how har dit was to get him. Way to stay with it!

I'm just messing with ya. That's a tank 9 buddy! Is that the buck you passed with your bow last year? Way to stick it out with the bow and get it done.

Top Bottom