Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Advice on Spotting Scopes

Looking for a Spotter in the $150-$250 range. I have it narrowed to the Bushnell Trophy XLT 15x45. It only has one review on BP website though. I am really not interested in hearing how great your Leupold and swarovski scopes are because I wont use it enough to justify that kinda change. I have enough gift cards from xmas to go get my new cva accura v2 and a spotter, and the bushnell has a $30 rebate if I buy it tomorrow as well:rolleyes:

I don't use a spotting scope enough to justify spending much either, so we just use an el cheapo for fox and yote hunting to make sure it actually is a dog and the walk through the snow is worth it. A real cheap bushnell. One thing I will ask though is do you have a good scope for your V2? If not I would recommend putting the cash into a good ML scope instead of a spotting scope if you are gonna outfit you ML with one.

I just picked up a Vortex Nomad 20-60x60 and it is real crisp. GREAT warranty and only another $50 above your price point. I've used Zeiss, Swaro, Leupold, etc. & I'd put it against any of them any day. Vortex is some of the best glass on the market for that price point IMO. The real test for it is in a couple of weeks when I have my archery javelina & desert mule deer hunt. All spot/stalk & I'll be relying heavily on my Vortex.

Yeah I have a bushnell DOA muzzy scope on my T/C now that I just bought last year that will go on the V2. I love that scope, by far the best muzzy scope I have ever used. I do lots and lots of evaluating from the road and then stock in and the old bino's just dont cut it to see enough detail to see what buck is what.

X 2 on the vortex nomad. It has worked well out west the past few years. Theron optics are in that price range but I have not used them personally. I hear good things about them though.

a good spotting scope is worth its weight in gold if you ask me. As with binos, spend as much as you can possibly afford as the quality of the glass and light gathering ability gets better with price...

I know its not that simple when you have a budget, but do what you can. Reputable name, clarity, light gathering, etc. Good luck!
:way:

AZHunter said:
I just picked up a Vortex Nomad 20-60x60 and it is real crisp. GREAT warranty and only another $50 above your price point. I've used Zeiss, Swaro, Leupold, etc. & I'd put it against any of them any day. Vortex is some of the best glass on the market for that price point IMO. The real test for it is in a couple of weeks when I have my archery javelina & desert mule deer hunt. All spot/stalk & I'll be relying heavily on my Vortex.

My next optic will be Vortex.

Sent from Cooter's iPad using IW

I am a Vortex Optics dealer here in Texas. I have sold a bunch of Nomads. They are great spotting scopes for not a lot of $$$.

Top Bottom