Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

And i thought i was desperate

keep us posted on your findings, my friend uses it the last week in october, thru the 14th of november, swears by it, even keeps it in glass bottles in fridge till ready to use.think about it guys, its no different.

i have never tried it, but i read and heard you can get the same results from dairy cows "in heat". i think i would have an easier time asking the local dairy farmer for some "goodness"

I think I am about to hurl my guts out! Started reading this for the first time about five minutes ago and spit my coffee all over my computer screen...thought I was about to projectile vomit! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/blush.gif

I do have a story to go along with this "theory" though. My son's friend went bowhunting last week and took his girlfriend with him. He found out that she was....let's just say "cramping" and she had "her friend" with her. He had her hide in a bush because she was not dressed in camo and he was ground hunting. He was behind her, standing behind another bush. He heard some commotion and a buck came in and stopped at the bush she was in, stomped, snorted, grunted, and started looking around the bush. According to my boys buddy, the buck circled the bush, got down on its elbows, and looked in the bush. My boys buddy drew back, but was laughing so hard, his eyes filled up with tears. He made a sound to alert the buck and the buck walked into the open where he was arrowed. It was a small 8-pointer, about 2 years old. THis is the story as told by the buddy of my son. I thought he was BS'ing me, but now that I cleaned my screen off and got through the rest of the responses to this "theory" I now question if there isn't some periodic truth to the matter!

It looks like I may not be able to check the camera until Friday. I was thinking about more name possibilities and I thought maybe "cotton cam" was less offensive than "tampon cam". Any suggestions? This is a ground-breaking expirement here! The camera must have a suitable name!
My wife thinks I am cuckoo. LOL This is some funny stuff! I am really anxious to see the results though. I have bowhunted for 23 years and I bet I've heard discussions about this a dozen times.
Stay tuned for "The Cotton Cam Initiative" results show next Friday at 9pm!

Let's take bets. I think you boys are clinically insane. Fercryinoutloud, this is one of the goofiest ideas I have ever heard. Of course, I too am morbidly curious on the results.

Maybe this will boost my "market value" as a girlfriend?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smart doe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Let's take bets. I think you boys are clinically insane. Fercryinoutloud, this is one of the goofiest ideas I have ever heard. Of course, I too am morbidly curious on the results.

Maybe this will boost my "market value" as a girlfriend? </div></div>

Oh no! Market value? Now women are gonna start charging you "product testers" for their donations to recoup the cost of production and supplies...oh God, I sound like a marketing manager! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/blush.gif

I can't believe this is the first I have seen this thread....hilarious. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

My only problem with the "theory" would be that a women who is menstrating is actually in her least fertile time of the month. Menstration is the shedding of the endometrium lining .....this is the area where the fertilized egg attaches and eventually forms a child.

Menstration would not correlate to "estrous" in my book.

So, unless there is something I am overlooking....I don't follow the logic....a woman in "estrous" would be mid month of the cycle (~days 12-16ish), not during menstration.

I am also very curious to see the results as I thought this was an old wifes tale. If it works, rest assured I will be "collecting". /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

DOR,

Based on your knowledge of the subject - which is impressive - I'm wondering if you are cramped, bloated, and retaining water?

Regards,
Smart Ass Doe

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smart doe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">DOR,

Based on your knowledge of the subject - which is impressive - I'm wondering if you are cramped, bloated, and retaining water?

Regards,
Smart Ass Doe </div></div>

Smart Ass Doe-

To answer your question, no I am not, but may be in about an hour as I gobbling down some onion chip dip watching the games.

I think I may have it right though, unlike Muddy and some of the other guys on the site......I managed to time my two children on 4-16-04 and 5-12-06 respectively. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif It was not a coincidence. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

DOR,
Thanks for that post. I typed a very similar post twice and deleted it both times. My bet is that it is more of a curiosity scent for the deer than a breeding thing, but most people who try it won't care which it is if it works.

Hmmmm, that does make sense. Obviously it is productive, though.

So were around the middle of the month, what would be the best way to obtain the fertile women scent?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Aim-n-High</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
So were around the middle of the month, what would be the best way to obtain the fertile women scent? </div></div>

Take her hunting with you. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JNRBRONC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Aim-n-High said:
Take her hunting with you. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif </div></div>

A guy from work takes his wife with him every year and nearly has to shooo the smaller bucks away from his blind that he doesn't want to shoot. Says they'll walk right up and try to put their noses in the damn blind. My wife wouldn't be that open to the idea as using her as bait....

I hope to God this doesn't work so I can forget this post ever existed. I am apparently to weak to stop checking this post , but I hope it dies and never comes back. lol

Edited to add I doubt it really attracts deer but I would not be one bit surprised if they came up to check it out if they happen by.They also sniff the ground where I whiz out of my stand or check out the glove I drop on my way in. I don't believe that stuff attracts them either, they are simply curious when something new appears in their environment.

So D.O.R And JRBRNC, what you're pretty much saying is a women is good to bring to the stand no matter what time of the month it is. Although the middle of the month would be the most productive?

So.... if I had a "Cotton Cam" for sale. Would I get in trouble for posting a "shameless plug"? /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif Maybe I'll just put it in the classifieds. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Top Bottom