Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Any one hear about a Mt. Lion on trail cam in Cedar Falls area?

deeraddict

PMA Member
Guy at work got a text saying a Mt Lion was caught on trail cam around Cedar Falls dragging a 10 point buck. Any truth to this any one knows of?

My farther and I were late season hunting 2 weekends ago and while pushing through some thick cedars came in contact with a pretty large mountain lion. I pulled up to shoot but never had a shot- i would say between 6-7' front to back.........big big cat and a little nerve racking when I only have 1 shot in my gun..... and BTW- we were down just south of Afton near arispe area

My farther and I were late season hunting 2 weekends ago and while pushing through some thick cedars came in contact with a pretty large mountain lion. I pulled up to shoot but never had a shot- i would say between 6-7' front to back.........big big cat and a little nerve racking when I only have 1 shot in my gun..... and BTW- we were down just south of Afton near arispe area

There have been some reports of one in that area. As for the one dragging of the buck, that as been circulating the web forever and the picture has been taken in almost all 50 states.:p

There have been some reports of one in that area. As for the one dragging of the buck, that as been circulating the web forever and the picture has been taken in almost all 50 states.:p

Yep it popped up on facebook again last week, from like 2009 I think and the picture was taken in Texas. Here is a link with the real story if this is the picture then it wasn't taken in Iowa. http://www.buckmanager.com/2009/05/21/mountain-lion-really-killed-this-whitetail/

Well, you guys can point, laugh and make jokes about this, but here is a Mt lion kill from yesterday (not in Iowa, Missouri). A couple people went down the road, and 10 minutes later came back and this was there. Huge K9 puncher wounds in the neck, claw marks wider than a full grown man's hand that split the hide across the top of the hams. Blood everywhere, so it wasn't just drug out there, it was taken down there. Steam still rolling off the deer.

IMG957621.jpg

There are also trail cam pics of a big mt lion about 3 miles from where this deer was killed. Our little town back home made the news with those!

First reaction was that it was a bear or a pack of coyotes until they got out and looked at the damage. There are 2 cameras on the deer right now, be cool if it comes back to it.

There was a DNR confirmed trail cam pic of a Mt. lion in Clinton County. Mt. Lions can travel 80-90 miles a night, traveling along rivers/streams, through timber, etc.

Had one killed in Iowa county a couple of deer seasons ago.

I'm not surprised where they turn up anymore.

nannyslayer said:
Well, you guys can point, laugh and make jokes about this, but here is a Mt lion kill from yesterday (not in Iowa, Missouri). A couple people went down the road, and 10 minutes later came back and this was there. Huge K9 puncher wounds in the neck, claw marks wider than a full grown man's hand that split the hide across the top of the hams. Blood everywhere, so it wasn't just drug out there, it was taken down there. Steam still rolling off the deer.

Crazy! That would keep you on your toes! I would love to see one in the wild. That would be sweet.

Sooooooo... Who wants to wander through the woods to or from your stand in complete darkness now? lol

When Missouri started getting a high bear population, I was nervous as heck. A couple trips bear hunting in Canada, and then you figure out it's no different than walking up on a deer during dark. They run, just make a heck of a lot more noise getting out of there than a deer!

Sooooooo... Who wants to wander through the woods to or from your stand in complete darkness now? lol

No fear here, even with local sightings

I've been lucky enough to see one. I'm with you, enjoy being out there too much to let that creep into my thoughts and spoil the moment for me.

A couple trips bear hunting in Canada, and then you figure out it's no different than walking up on a deer during dark. They run, just make a heck of a lot more noise getting out of there than a deer

X2

Top Bottom