Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Anyone at Pine Lake on Sunday?

I was there with my wife and 5 year old daughter and all i can say is that im extremly dissappointed in the IBA's lack of concern and awareness. I know im not the only person upset and I also know for a fact that they were contacted about the oncomming storm and chose to do nothing!! Someone needs to re read the IBA mission statement! :mad: it was pitch black and people or hijack red necks were still shooting even though they couldnt see the damn target! how safe is that??

A friend and I were there on Friday afternoon. We too were lucky to not be up there when it stormed. Hope everyone was okay. It sounds like almost everyone in the region was not prepared for the extreme conditions that came. I really don't know if I have been to any shoots that have ever had a plan for something like this. Sounds like a good opportunity for all clubs and shoots to consider.

I am glad I opted to not go. Two of my friends went and their vehicles were totaled. Broken glass and it looked alike an army of ball peen hammers attacked their trucks. My one buddy, had just left and had to sit on a gravel road. He said that they thought they were goners. 70 mph winds and glass shattering. They huddle to the center of the truck cab and said the noise was deafening.

It sucked, definately the worst weather Ive ever been stuck outside in felt like it would never stop. I checked weather.com before we left at 7am and it said 30% chance of scattered t-storms so we were really surprised when a front that bad came in so quick, it was like someone shut off the lights. By the time it went from just overcast to black is was to late to make a run for it just had to take cover. My group got pretty beat up with knots and cuts and welts from the hail pounding on us but it sounds like we came out better than some did, although my buddys truck was totaled and we had to hitch a ride home in a vehicle missing a window, sure made for a wet ride home but Id like to thank Warren Rush for draggin us back to Des Moines you were a life saver.

I was wondering how a storm that bad came in without anybody knowing about it and saying something, I hope you are wrong about the IBA knowing it was that severe and doing nothing. I can understand not running out and clearing a course because of a rain but if somebody knew that kinda stuff was headed our way and did nothing to warn everyone than that would be unexcuseable

Im not naming names or pointing fingers; but i know they were called and warned, and i know we were stuck there in the woods. its not like this storm just apeared out of nowhere..... has anyone even heard from any of the board members or reps?

Well I was 4 miles North in Steamboat Rock at the gas station,30 minutes prior to the storm.I asked the lady behind the counter about the weather,she had heard nothing but a chance of rain. They had way less of the storm than the range,and they are maybe 3 miles away?
I just wonder how your club would have done it any different(swiowahunter)? It is very easy to Monday morning QB.
We chose to leave and drove right into it at the golf course.Had no clue how bad it was until we rounded a corner and there it was.There were no reports on the radio ,we checked. We drove home to CB with a totaled truck and camper also.
Just remember these guy's and gal's are all volunteers,most had Family's and homes in the area also.Many lost there Truck's and Campers as well.
Let's just be glad that no one was killed,maybe something good will come from this tragedy,and we can all choose to shoot even if there is a 30% chance of rain.
Now the Pine Lake Archers will need lots of help cleaning up after this storm.Maybe we can lend them a hand. I have heard rumors of a clean up party this upcoming weekend.May be another road trip to Eldora, this time with a new truck.

My 2cents

Top Bottom