Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Archery aoudad

mudingbuck

PMA Member
Quick and to the point, just like our hunt was!!! A buddy and I went to SW Texas and hunted free ranging aoudad with our bows! With only a success rate of 3 percent we knew for sure if we shot one that would be great and if we both tagged one, well that would be AWESOME.

We got to our outfitters Wednesday about 2. Our guide and the ranch hand showed us around and sent us out. Adam struck first in the first hour and a half. Shooting an old ram. I only saw a little buck and a ram way off. After we got Adams ram back to the lodge the guide showed us trail camera pictures that he just pulled. So we planned a few changes for the morning. Adam went hogging while I was after my ram. I couldn't sleep so I went out and was set up an hour before sun up. About 30 minutes before light I could hear rocks falling off the cliff behind me. At seven I saw a herd of aoudad. At 7:20 i stuck a good ram!

A five day hunt and we were done in the first 4 hours of hunting!!!! We went hog hunt for the next three days in the same areas where we shot our aoudad and never saw any other shooter rams so we were truly blessed to shot the two we did!

View attachment 2741

View attachment 2742

View attachment 2740

No matter how good you are, sometimes a little luck helps out too. Congrats on a great accomplishment with a couple great rams!

Thanks guys! I am not mounting it myself, I decided to have Brad Coulson out of ankeny mount a wall pedestal!

Merry Christmas all

Top Bottom