Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Arrogant UI Professor

QDM

I dont post a lot but I felt this was worth sharing with my fellow Iowans. It's a lengthy read but a shortened version can be found @ kcrg.com. This professor is also the author of "The Oxford Project" book along with Peter Feldstein.

I was raised in Oxford my whole life and it will always be home, even though I don't currently live there. I took a lot of this as a personal attack as this jackwagon is so off course and I think I may even send him a card wishing him "Merry Christmas"!

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2011/12/observations-from-20-years-of-iowa-life/249401/

"Hunting accidents are common, perhaps spurred by the elixir of alcohol, which seems to be the drink of choice whenever a man suits up in camo or orange overalls"

I don't know why I even read this article (I knew it would probably make me mad) but it certainly reinforces my concern how much of our public policy in Iowa is swayed by our large liberal population centers.

I love hawkeye sports but after that a good share of stuff in Iowa City I could live without. I'm sure there's good people there but there's quite a few that benefit from our taxes to spew such nonconstructive nonsense.

Why would you live here for 20 years if you really believe all that crap. His view of Iowa is jaded and for what reason?

I couldn't even finish that. Now I know why my kids will be going to ISU and why I am a Republican. I also was always under the assumption that the corn we grew was for human consumption, that jackass ever wonder whats in the chips and cereal he eats according to the scholar all the corn farmers grow here goes to feed pigs anybody else ever heard corn grow?

Wow! Glad I got a lesson in the history of the slaughterhouse in his attempt to bash iowa and why this state shouldn't get to name the new president (not that it happens like that). Meybe there's a reason the iowa caucus is held early. Maybe we are one of the few, if not the only state that can actually be trusted to make a decent first step in the direction the rest of the us should go. Idk, that guy needs some help though.

This guy is a total dbag if he doesn't like Iowa he should just leave. Nothing wrong with religion farming and hunting. I hope he likes the food that he is eating because it is coming from the place and the people that he is disrespecting

I think he currently is in Michigan on a "visiting professor" gig.

If you read or listen to what he has said about his article he was just trying to start some disscussion. Looks like he did. I think the UofI should cut all ties to him but they won't because he is just exercizing his First Amendment Rights.

If Govenor Braindead wants to gain some of us back he should demand this professor be dismissed from the University for foisting untruths about the people of this state.

I don't come here to discuss politics but I think it's pretty safe to say I am more liberal then a lot of you guys and that article really pissed me off. It was obvious that he was unable to get past his preconceived San Francisco notions of the midwest even after living here for 20 years. And he's a journalism professor? Merry Christmas

WOW!!! just finished reading this...called my roomates into my room half way through the article because i was so Fing mad. I will refrain from commenting about exactly what i think right now just because im so damn mad. I honestly feel like he personally attacked me, my family and the rest of Iowa. What an arrogant D bag!!!!

Last edited:
I read this earlier today and thought about posting it on here. sounds like that dumb a$$ needs to beat like a rented mule.

I don't know why you guys are getting so worked up over someone that has no clue what he is talking about. Life is too short... :D

Pretty sad these are the people we have educating our children. Will make me think twice about sending my kids to that university.

First off..... every college or university has professors like this. The ones that like to inject the students with their personal beliefs (often agnostic or atheistic and most times liberal). Don't waste your time worrying about what people like this think of the midwest or Iowa. He's just a talking head and unfortunately in a position where he can brainwash some of our youth.

I don't agree with him on any of his views, but I did find the article interesting and even learned a couple of Iowa facts. We all know who we are and what we stand for from an individual perspective, and I for one am proud to be a God fearing, gun toting, family oriented, proud Iowan! :way:

As a student at a state university i really think a lot of people would be shocked at some of the"knowledge" that gets tossed our way. The sad part is that many of the students actually buy into their BS.

What less could you expect from a university professor let alone a U of I professor? Most university profs are liberal and IA city is probably (if not THE) most liberal city in IA. I like a few miles from it and much prefer to not travel there especially to eat when I can. I'm not a hawkeye fan (UNI grad here) and never will be. I was very excited about the 80-60 victory UNI had over IA a few weeks ago in men's basketball.

I think if I talked publicly about my employer or bosses like that I would be let go. I think we as Iowans should file a complaint.

sad thing is, this jackhole is compensated via IOWA TAXPAYERS!!!

I swear to God I just read a plagiarized article because that was certainly written by that ho-bag Ann Coulter.

I agree, if you don't like this state or this country, pack your bags and get the hell out. There will be no shortage of "help" getting you "moved":way:

Top Bottom