Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Attacking a DNR Officer - Winneshiek County

IMO...the guy should be in a body bag. Isn't that why the officers carry side arms..to protect themselves. If the officers identified themselves, whether they were CO'c, police, troopers, sherriff deputies, etc etc, and the guy decided to attack, they have every right to use all necessary force, the guy gave up his rights.

I know this guy fairly well. I'm surprised he would do something like that, but on the other hand I know he has a hair trigger temper....
30570-chair.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I know this guy fairly well. I'm surprised he would do something like that, but on the other hand I know he has a hair trigger temper....
30570-chair.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You ever met Mike Bonser??

Luvtohunt,
I am thinking what you are thinking.
Their are some pretty nice ethical people out there that have been treated like sh## from him. I really wonder what was said and what triggered it.
Risto

Jolli used to be in Woodbury county a long time ago. She had a reputation of not being very friendly. Something had to tick this guy off.

Joli checked me several times here in Woodbury County and was always fair but I heard she could be hardcore as well. She even let me go when I didn't have tags on my boat while fishing Snyders Bend!

I am suprised that they had Joli in the field. Her current job has to do with training and records because she doesn't exactly have the best people skills. I personally never had any problem with her, but I know several people in Woodbury County that have. Without being there and knowing the situation. I would guess that she could have been a contributing factor.

I don't know... even if the two conservation officers were real dicks I don't understand where anyone would ever decide to attack someone whether they were conservation officers or not. Just my .02
shrug[1].gif
nono.gif

I have read a couple articles about this incident and it seems to me that it started well before the DNR even showed up. The only thing I know is that I have never talked to a person who got a ticket who thought that the CO was a great person. As hunters we tend to blame the DNR for being bad or overbearing because they have to uphold and interpret the laws to the best of their abilities. Granted some can be overbearing but that gives no one the right to physicaly assault them or vice versa. I am a car salesman so I know what it is like to have most people think you are a [censored] and are trying to screw them just because of what you do. What kind of attitude would some of you develope if you had a job that made you the bad guy all the time? I remember last year when those kids got busted for poaching and people thought the DNR were bad guys and over zelous, because after all they were just kids. They were criminals and if this man did attack the CO then he is also a criminal.

Interesting... the CO’s were “undercover”, i.e. dressed as hunters... so this guy Taylor thinks they are trespassers and reacts in an aggressive manner, he smacks them with a stick, hey, he was outnumbered (even if one is a girl). And after the “undercover” CO’s identify themselves - “Freeze!! I’m a cop... turn around and put your hands on the top of the barbed wire fence.”; Taylor apparently doesn’t buy their story and continues to lay the lumber (a stick) to the “undercover” trespassing CO’s until he is subdued.

Hmmm... sounds a little like entrapment... but Taylor is at fault, he should have called the county CO to report the trespassing “undercover” CO’s. Wouldn’t that of been a scene. He makes the call and one of the “undercover” trespassers answers the phone.

Taylor: “Yeah, officer I have a couple hunters trespassing on my land. I’ve asked them politely to leave my property, but they won’t. Can you come over and give them a citation for trespassing.”

CO Mike Bonser: “ Ahhhh... sure... we’ll be, uhhh... right over... good-bye. Click.”

-Bugs

Entrapment???? So because they are or appear to be tresspassing he had a right to attack them??? Or better yet they dressed "undercover" to lure him into attacking them?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I went to high school with him. Great guy. Whats your point? No one was there , so you didn't know what happened. I've been stopped by CO's dressed as hunters too, I didn't attack them.

Un-bunch your panties... I stated Taylor was in the wrong for whacking the "under cover" CO's with a stick. He should have simply called the police and reported the tresspassers, end of story.

But since you brought it up... maybe Taylor is hot head who has a history of whacking tresspassers with sticks. So just maybe the CO's went "under cover" ala Starsky and Hutch soley to provide Taylor another oppurtunity to display his prowess as a Samurai stick wielder. Sometimes the truth is stranger than fiction.
-Bugs

OK Hawkeye,

No, I've never met Mr. Bonser. I don't doubt he's a great guy. My point it that this is a very interesting story, one that we'll be sure to hear and read more about. It's not very often one reads about tresspassing "under cover" CO's getting attacked by a stick wielding maniac.

As for the point - "No one was there , so you didn't know what happened." - so, so true. If I didn't know what happened and no one was there, then no one knows what happend. And if no one knows what happened (because no one was there), then anything could of happened, maybe something happened similar to entrapment. But whose to say entrapment did or did not happen, no one was there.

-Bugs

Bugs, I don't wear panties!....you?
smile.gif
My point is ,I don't think Mike would hold his job for 25 plus years unless he was doing a good job. I just hate to see people jump to conclusions.Lucky he didn't get a revolver shoved up his A$$. Merry Christmas By the way I was quoting luv2hunt, not you.

Bugs you keep bringing up entrapment. Where do you see any entrapment??? If I am walking down the street and get stabbed is that entrapment because I was on the street? I get pissed at trespassers but there is almost never a reason to physical harm them. There is no entrapment here. This guy is a nut and I am just glad that he won't be around firearms anytime soon.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I went to high school with him. Great guy. Whats your point? No one was there , so you didn't know what happened. I've been stopped by CO's dressed as hunters too, I didn't attack them.

[/ QUOTE ]

High School was a long time ago....people do change with time..

Top Bottom