Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Best day of the Year

gundog870

Premium Platinum Member
I am willing to bet tomorrow or Saturday is going to be the best day of the year on my trail cameras. Now as far as being in the stand I am not sure... But last year Nov second was my best day of running Cams, huge temp drop and some weather rolling through. Bucks all day, cruising. Sooo if you still have a tag, I know where I would be. I know this is a pretty obvious post.

I'll have my brother after a big 8 ptr tomorrow night, will likely deploy the decoy as well, and we will try for a cruiser Sat Morn if that fails.

Opinions?

I'm with ya gundog, I took tomorrow off work because of this cold snap we're going to get today. You can't beat a cold snap in late October IMO. The scrapes should be on fire after this rain pushes through and the temps drop.

Trying to decided if I should go out. Hunting land is an hour away and my kid is in daycare until 7:00pm....might have to see if they can keep him til 8:00!

I knew this would be a safe post to make!

captain_obvious.jpg

I too anticipate very good movement Friday and this weekend. I am planning on putting in a short day tomorrow and hunting the afternoon/evening.

On the calendar it is still a few days away from when I normally get too ramped up, but this year has already a good number of very nice bucks go down in October and this cold front should really shock them into action I think.

I think I will take the decoy and the video cam and see if I can get some Rock'em, Sock'em robot action! :D

I too anticipate very good movement Friday and this weekend. I am planning on putting in a short day tomorrow and hunting the afternoon/evening.

On the calendar it is still a few days away from when I normally get too ramped up, but this year has already a good number of very nice bucks go down in October and this cold front should really shock them into action I think.

I think I will take the decoy and the video cam and see if I can get some Rock'em, Sock'em robot action! :D

:way:

I don't have a decoy, but thinking of doing some rattling. Like Daver, sneaking out of work early tomorrow. ;)

Should be a great couple days with this cold weather!!! good luck to everyone that goes i know i'll be out ther e

Scrapes active after this rain moves by? We got snow up here in NW Ia. Probably an inch on the ground but nothing on the concrete. I'm starting to get the shakes & jitters. If I start to itch in the next few hours i will be leaving work early for sure. (Self employed) One benefit anyway. Good luck guys and keep the reports coming back in.

Top Bottom