Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Bow buck and a few pics from WY

Altiman94

So far this year I've had a great hunting season. I have been planning a WY antelope trip for nearly a year now and set off the first week in October for our unit. My Dad, brother in law, and I all harvested antelope with rifles and had a great trip. We camped all 4 nights we were in WY and left with nice animals to drop off at the taxidermist. My antelope measured about 12.5" tall and was a good example of a representative herd buck of the area.

261989_10100201930446943_1508253280_n.jpg

We packed up and headed back to Iowa. I didn't make it out in the tree the next weekend due to some other commitments, but finally caught some time this Saturday to sit.

I have been checking out lots of public land in the area despite having permission to hunt two separate farms. I've had good luck on public most of my life and have been wanting to harvest a nice buck in the area due to all the time I've put in scouting.

I sat in a new area that evening and ended up seeing 10 does and this nice 9 (or is he an 8?) come in around 545 PM. He was checking the does in the area and made a scrape right in front of me. When he finally walked into my shooting lane it was all over.

Needless to say, it will be an expensive year at the taxidermist.

311241_10100208845544033_1504787913_n.jpg

I'm thinking he's high 130's, low 140's....any comments on his score? He measured 21" wide. His brow tine appears to have been broken while he was still in velvet.

Congratulations on 2 great animals! I would guess the buck to score between 118 and 122. That is assuming his left brow is 3", G2 is 5", G3 is 8", and G4 is 3". If the right G2 is 9" and the G3" is 7", and the main beams are 19" a piece. If the spread is 21" and the mass is 4" at the bases, 3 1/2 between the brow and G2, then 3" between the G2 and G, and 3" as the last measurement. No matter what the score, he is a very nice buck!

Congrats on the goat!! I've been wanting to do that myself. Great looking buck too. Like those wide ones. Looks like 130-135 to me.

Well Done a very nice year no doubt. Once again, depends on if you wish to net score this buck or total score. I'm guessing a net score of 128 or so. Either way he is a nice buck. Congrats again.

Good deer josh! It takes 5 minutes to score him! JUST DO IT!!! just remember the spread cant be more than the longest beam. Hell of a year!

I had him unofficial scored by an impartial 3rd party and he taped out at 150 2/8. He ended up being taller than what was originally thought which of course helped the measurements a bit. Thanks for all the compliments guys.

Top Bottom