Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Bow season ?

biggest buck

Does anyone know why it is the bow season does not open back up in between shotgun seasons? Every year when gun 1 is over Im anxious to get my bow back out and Ive always wondered why we cant. Now that Co Bluffs has an Urban hunt Id really like to bow hunt there, but according to what Im reading we are to follow all state regulations for season dates.

My guess is that its probably to account for the people that don't know that shotgun 1 ends a couple days before shotgun 2 starts. See the latest posts on the "Kinda Scary" thread.

I believe I even called the dnr one year asking about public land that's designated "Archery Only" and its even closed during the gun seasons..

I think bowhunters are getting too greedy after already have two months of season lol. I have never had a problem giving them a two day rest after being pushed hard for 5 days.

Dig a little deeper into the urban hunt regs. Here in Davenport it has it's own dates and does not stop for gun season.

I think the bow season should not be closed during the gun season. They don't close it in MN during the gun season, they just make you wear blaze orange. The chunk of property I hunt can only be bow hunted, no gun hunting. I am sure a lot of people have that same situation.

There is no hunting Today or Tomorrow. THe deer get a two day break.

Dig a little deeper into the urban hunt regs. Here in Davenport it has it's own dates and does not stop for gun season.

CB does have dates listed but also says State regs apply. So I guess Im not to sure, looks like a phone call will have to be made.
As far as giving the deer a break, seems kinda ridiculous since I sit in a tree and dont push them around throwing slugs at them.

So the 63 days before shotgun season and the 23 days after shotgun season just aren't quite enough to get it done?

It's confusing enough to some people that the season is split into two chunks, if you throw in an additional, but separate 2 days in there, it would only confuse people more. I personally have no problem with it. But that's just me.

The urban tags that i have have the date right on the tags.9-10-2011 till 1-29-2012
Its the only way i know of to legaly be able to shoot a antlered buck after jan 10th.
There is no break between seasons.

I don't mind bow season being closed during shotgun. I'd honestly rather not be out there anyhow with the slugs a flyin'

Top Bottom