Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Broadcasting Soybeans

yes, it works well as long as you have ground worked up, broadcast seed then drag seed into soil.

I did it this yr. for the first time and so far I have less then stellar results. I think it is more of the rains fault then mine though. Since I planted it has done nothing but rain every other day. And HEAVY rains. I am going to have re-seed a lot of it.

I planted 3 acres with the drill and then broadcasted 1 acre at double the normal rate so it will be interesting to see the difference. I'm sure the drilled beans will have a better stand but we'll see.

Seed them thick!! Can you work up soil? Even a pallet with some bricks but sure would be better to get a harrow with some bricks on top. Can you fertilize??? I'd put the wood to P&K, like a LOT and add some Pelletized lime if needed. You are sure planting them late so don't waste any time (unless all you're going for is an early October plot that will be toast soon after that). Do it right and it'll be good, skip steps and you're wasting your time. Good luck, I'm sure it'll work out!

I braodcasted for the first time this year corn and beans at one property because we did not want to drag the planter there. They are both comeing up great but we seeded heavy.

104_2290.jpg

Broadcasted beans for the first time this year and they came out great! Dad seeded them wayyyy heavy but with broadcasting and discing them in that was problem a good thing... They were planted May 15th and growing way better than we ever expected.

104_2295.jpg

Top Bottom