Cabela's in Newton...

bukket

...is a strong possibility.

http://www.kcci.com/money/9650174/detail.html

This is something I have been privy to for awhile but had been sworn to secrecy on. I'm glad it's finally getting out there and a news outlet picked it up. There have been a lot of "Big C" rumors over the years along the I-80 corridor in central Iowa. This one could have some strong legs.

That's great. I was looking for a new place to work!
cool.gif

I hope this happens, even though my pocket book won't like it. I'm probably going to have to get another credit card.
laugh.gif
I can spend days in there. I've even thought about sneeking into one of the tents and just hanging out for the night and have the whole place to myself.
I LOVE CABELAS, lets all say a prayer that they come to Iowa

That would be a good challenge.
3 contestants. One person in Kansas City, one in Owatanna, and one in Newton. On the same day, each person tries to stay and camp out in the store over night.

Hate to burst the Cabelas bubble but they said on the news last night that Cabelas said there is no plan on building in Newton at this time. I understand that it would be great for Newton but business sense wise I think being in the Des Moines Area would be better since I35 and I80 pass thru.

Nothing is guaranteed, but the Speedway is going to pave the way for a great development area in Newton. Once it is up and running and some hotel's get built on the IA Speedway Blvd. exit I think the chances will get a lot better for this to happen.
I also don't necessarily disagree about DM being a natural choice...but look at the locations of some of the other Cabela's stores. The size of Newton and the development they're trying to do there with the track fit nicely with what Cabela's has done in the past.

BTW, the track is looking awesome. I watched Wallace's kid do some tire testing there on Monday...it's getting some rave reviews.

Cabelas in anywhere in the Central Iowa area would be sweet!
peace.gif
Although my wife and check book might not like it.
evil.gif

They have already broke ground on Cabelas just outside of omaha. I doubt if they would build another one so close. They weren't going to build this one because of the Minnesota location, but Bass Pro went up in Council Bluffs and business has been booming. So they went forward with the plan.

That would be like not building the Rogers, Mn store since the have one in Owtanna,Mn. They are less than 60 minutes apart.

The one in Kansas City is packed on the two race weekends.I do not know what there profits are those two weekends,but may be what they are looking at with newton having several races and events thru the year.

There are more people in that area of MN, than Omaha and Des Moines combined. Hench the two stores! Kansas City, KS wasn't built for race day either! It was built for the Kansas City, Mo, and Kansas City, KS metro areas. I can't speak about Newton, all I know is the reason for building here where they (accually) did. But if racing was the motive for building a store, how about they throw one up in Knoxville, Ia too. I would have to say (IMO)if they were really talking about a store in Newton it's not because of Newton's huge economy, but it would draw crowds for Des Moines and Iowa City. Just my 2 cents.....

Back