camtrakker help

KansasHeadHunter

I borrowed a used 35 mm camtrakker from a friend.He said everything is already set up so I shouldn't have to mess with anything.I can't get a hold of him because he's out on business for a couple weeks. It is supposed to work fine but I'm having trouble setting it up.I Put a new battery in the camera itself and 4 fresh batteries in the unit.I set the camera up,opened the lense cover,set the flash on auto.I set it up in the dark and when I walked in front of the camera a little red light would blink so the sensor is working but it wouldn't take a picture?I figured it would be a piece of cake but for some reason I can't get it to work.I know it's just something i'm doing wrong.It's the original camtrakker with a Yashica t-4 Super D camera inside.The camera has the time and date settings on the back and 2 buttons on the top.One is to set the flash and I think the other is to rewind film if you're only halfway through the roll.I even called camtrakker and they want $15 for instructions.Is anybody familiar with this camera?Somebody please help me out before I stomp on this thing!Thanks.
KHH

I think you have to set it to take pictures instead of the red led. Its been awhile since i looked at one, but i believe you have to press the outside button until the led turns green, then its live and will take a picture.

KHH, there should be a black disc about the size of a nickel on the outside of the unit, near the bottom, on the left hand side if you are looking at it mounted on the tree. That is is the button you need to press to change it form test to live mode. The button will only depress a little bit, but the led will change from red to green. Hope this helps.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: huntcrazy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">KHH, there should be a black disc about the size of a nickel on the outside of the unit, near the bottom, on the left hand side if you are looking at it mounted on the tree. That is is the button you need to press to change it form test to live mode. The button will only depress a little bit, but the led will change from red to green. Hope this helps. </div></div>

Gotcha! I didn't think that was a button.It looks like just a plug for some other option.Thanks!

Back