Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Cant get back out until Sat.

Nah, you'll still be fine. There are going to be some really good days between now and the end of November

I've been out the last 5 days and seen 1 chase and last night a Buck pushing 3 does but not real hard. This morning all I've seen is a coon and a yote. Still a lot of fawns with Mom and nothing is responding to rattles or calls. I don't think it's even started here in se Iowa. Most disappointing 5 days in the woods ever.

I have experienced the same thing at my farm in van buren county. Very little action, just seeing small bucks and does with fawns. Rattling and grunting proving fruitless. Cannot get back out til saturday.

My dad sat yesterday morning and had the best sit of his life. Said there were deer running all over the place. 10 different bucks all chasing and following does. 140 inch 8 was the biggest he saw but said the action was awesome. I think you will be fine...majority of does are probably done but there will be a few yet that will have the boys cruising around looking

It's still on..just depends where you are at. The big ones are in lockdown, so hunt the does. Thursday and Friday had the two best and worst days if my life. I hung a stand in a pinch between two bedding areas. Thursday sat 12 hours and saw 14 bucks and 13 does. Bucks ranging from 150 to 200...of course the 200 winded me! Haha. Had a clean 10 in the 180s inside 30 yards 3 times and no shot. Passed the 150..who wouldn't after seeing the rest of them? Went back in Friday the 9th on my birthday and after having a 170 inch 8 pointer come within 40 yards 8 times dogging a doe I got an arrow in him at 40.5 yards at 4:30 pm.Unfortunately I hit him in the shoulder. He fell twice and I backed out. I went back at 7 am the next day. I had only 8 inches penetration but great blood for 75 yards. Then the dreaded blood loss. No buck....I have hunted every day since and seen only small bucks and minimal does. Til today saw good movement but still nothing big. So hold on boys the big boys will break loose...til then hunt the does and you will find bucks !

Sat tonight, saw 3 young bucks on 1 doe that i dont think was ready, saw 1 other mature doe with her 2 fawns....not sure why all the does in my area are still not ready.

Soooo...what is the best idea...get in a stand and sit all day or move to another stand/ground blind mid-day?

I have seen the little bucks chasing does a couple weeks now, not much for big bucks, and not much coming close to our stands.

Have the opportunity to hunt Sat/Sun, work Mon, then hunt Tues-Sun and need to make the most of it. The bucks are there we just haven't seen them much and the big ones I have seen from a distance have NO interest in does, etc.

It's still on..just depends where you are at. The big ones are in lockdown, so hunt the does. Thursday and Friday had the two best and worst days if my life. I hung a stand in a pinch between two bedding areas. Thursday sat 12 hours and saw 14 bucks and 13 does. Bucks ranging from 150 to 200...of course the 200 winded me! Haha. Had a clean 10 in the 180s inside 30 yards 3 times and no shot. Passed the 150..who wouldn't after seeing the rest of them? Went back in Friday the 9th on my birthday and after having a 170 inch 8 pointer come within 40 yards 8 times dogging a doe I got an arrow in him at 40.5 yards at 4:30 pm.Unfortunately I hit him in the shoulder. He fell twice and I backed out. I went back at 7 am the next day. I had only 8 inches penetration but great blood for 75 yards. Then the dreaded blood loss. No buck....I have hunted every day since and seen only small bucks and minimal does. Til today saw good movement but still nothing big. So hold on boys the big boys will break loose...til then hunt the does and you will find bucks !

This property doesn't happen to have a really tall fence around it does it? :grin: Some dang big deer!

Also believe it or not I don't own my own property and have no foodplots. Just good ole American hard work!

I've been out the last 5 days and seen 1 chase and last night a Buck pushing 3 does but not real hard. This morning all I've seen is a coon and a yote. Still a lot of fawns with Mom and nothing is responding to rattles or calls. I don't think it's even started here in se Iowa. Most disappointing 5 days in the woods ever.

Could be cause DM is not SE Iowa!! HMMMMMMMMM??????? :D Go to the I80 rest area ....get a map of Iowa!!!!!!!!!!! :way:

Top Bottom