Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Charger vs Z7

miggy09

Ok guys I'm not going to ask ur opinion on Hoyt vs Matthews cuz I've shot both and love em both. Unless you have something pressing you want to say on the matter. The real question is specifically how does the new Hoyt charger compare to a used Matthews Z7 (one at a pro shop near me) or the new Matthews ZXT. Either is a huge upgrade from my ancient pse nova, but I want to make sure I make a good choice. I liked the charger and the zxt absolutely blew me away. I just want to know how many of you like Hoyt's cam and a half or if you have had any timing problems. I also like the idea of the solo cam for simplicity. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

I have shot a lot of arrows all with hoyts and I haven't ever had a problem with cam timing or any other problem to speak of. I had the 2012 carbon element and the finish was coming off it, but other then that Hoyt makes a solid bow!

Great bows either way. I've got a carbon element as well, and love the thing. I would vote for hoyt but I'm biased. You really can't go wrong with any of the bows on the market. Shoot them both and decide which one feels the best.

Don't know about those 2 bows specifically but I do own a Hoyt Maxxis 31 and Mathews Z7x. I will say I like the balance and grip on the Hoyt better than the Mathews, but I like how quiet the Z7x is over the Maxxis 31.

Top Bottom