Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Check the seat!!!!!!

Crockett

PMA Member
This is one I have never heard in 33 years of bowhunting! A guy I know climbing up to his stand ..put his hand on the seat and got bit by a Possum!!!!!!!! WTF??????? He had to do the rabies shot thing!!:mad::mad: He had a seat pad and it was chewed out and the rat had made a home!!!

That would be one heck of a shock and I'm sure I would sound like a little girl screaming in the dark! Bummer about the rabies shots too. I'll be checking mine this weekend!

I had a similar thing happen to me last season. I crawled up into my stand while it was still dark. I got about eye level with my seat and realized I was face to face with a big coon. That thing hissed and scared the life right out of me. I still don't know how I didn't fall. I shine my light up at my stand everytime I climb up now.

Yikes! I already don't like grinners and if I put my hand on one in the dark, not to mention getting bit :eek:, I too think I would be in real danger of falling out of the tree! :mad:

We hammered the coons and possums on our place last year, but you would hardly know it this year. It seems that there is an endless supply of them.

I had a similar thing happen to me last season. I crawled up into my stand while it was still dark. I got about eye level with my seat and realized I was face to face with a big coon. That thing hissed and scared the life right out of me. I still don't know how I didn't fall. I shine my light up at my stand everytime I climb up now.

Happen to me two years ago...Once it happens to you your always look up first..:way:

I had the coon thing happen one time...then the dumb thing climbed the tree, but only went about 15' above my seat and decided to stay clung to the tree for the next three hours while I constantly looked up to make sure he stayed there...no drowsies that evening on stand!!!

I new a guy who had a hole In the tree right behind his seat. So he sits down and he gets up and looks In it THERE'S A SNAKE IN THE HOLE!

arrow flinger

I new a guy who had a hole In the tree right behind his seat. So he sits down and he gets up and looks In it THERE'S A SNAKE IN THE HOLE!

arrow flinger

Thanks a lot for telling me this!!! now, not only will i have nightmares, but i'm gonna be freaking out about every hole anywhere near my stands! i'm like a little school girl when it comes to snakes....i pretty much stand on a chair and scream!

jmoose said:
Thanks a lot for telling me this!!! now, not only will i have nightmares, but i'm gonna be freaking out about every hole anywhere near my stands! i'm like a little school girl when it comes to snakes....i pretty much stand on a chair and scream!

LOL! Haha

arrow flinger

ever since I watched the Blair Witch Project several years ago, I always get a little freaked out... I really hate climbing up the ladder to my stand because I was feel like something is going to grab my feet..

Top Bottom