Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

C'mon Guys

dedgeez

death from above
I posted yesterday that the DNR is hosting a meeting tonight in Decorah to listen to public opinions on hunting, fishing, and trapping seasons and regs. I am shocked that there is not one response :confused:

All I have heard on this forum the last few weeks is moaning and groaning about deer numbers, seasons, etc... We finally have a chance to be heard face to face and not one of you guys is even interested. AMAZING! I understand that a lot of you guys have way to far to drive, but for you boys from NE Iowa you have no excuse not to be there. It does no good to come on here and b!tch about everything, but then when you have the opportunity you back away. Guess it's just a matter of how important it really is?

Hope to see ALL of you there! Maybe they will get the hint. :way:

Where at and what time? Not sure that I will be able to make it due to having a night class and taking a test in it, but I would like details.

From the original post...........

There is a meeting Tuesday night (Nov. 30th) at the FSA building in Decorah. From what I understand this is going to be an open forum where we as hunters and conservationists can express our opinions about what is going on in NE Iowa. The meeting is from 7-9 PM and the FSA building is located on highway 9, east of Decorah. I am not sure what topics will be covered, as all I have heard is that they will be letting the public express their opinions. I hope to see all of you there.

I would love to be there.Its 247 miles from where I am and thats a long drive home at 9pm.It seems like they could have picked a better time like a Saturday at noon.I really hope I hear of something like this closer in the future.

Scott,

I hope that you get the response you are looking for. The only way to be heard is to say something! I will be in class thinking about how I should be there, and would much rather be in my truck driving the hour and a half there.

I've been to several in the past 10-15 yrs. It is usually more of an informational meeting where the DNR likes to blow their own horn so to speak. They'll spend the first hour or better talking about their accomplishments over the past 5-10 yrs. Then they will take questions. It's a good way to be heard by the DNR, and i encourage people to attend. Don't expect earth moving results!

I plan on being there. If anyone can't make it and wants to ask a question please post it here and I will do my best to ask and take notes of responses.

FIRE AWAY..............

Everyone in NE Ia should attend. There will be meetings around the state, when one is in your area please attend and state your opinion

[ i encourage people to attend. Don't expect earth moving results![/QUOTE]

Gotta crawl before we can walk! It's a place to start :way:
For all of you that can't attend, maybe I will post something tomorrow on how the meeting goes and what was talked about.

Archery 95, I hope they hold these all over the state. If there is a common theme state wide maybe we can make a bit of headway for next fall. We shall see! Have to try to keep a positive attitude if we want to make any progress.

I have had a scheduled obligation for a couple weeks now
that I can not get out of.

I hope they have a few more and at a better time.

I have attended them. I am synical,,it's my nature. Good to go and make yourself heard. Makes you feel better, but I think,,in the end they are held to do just that,,make us feel better,,then, business goes on as usual. Like I said,,I am a synic but I still attend.

I went to the DNR meeting last night. The turnout was actually pretty good. Declining deer numbers was a hot topic. Hunter access, hunter ed, declining numbers of youth hunters, habitat loss, NR tags and land ownership, were all mentioned. As usual, most issues boil down to money. The DNR could,and I believe would, do some good things if they had the money. One thing I learned, and maybe all of you already know this. The DNR pays real estate taxes on a lot of the property they have. Last year almost $600,000 statewide. One of the biggest objections I've always heard to more public ground was loss of tax base. Now I can refute that. Got to meet dedgeez and talk deer hunting and promote the IBA. Great night!!

In 10 minutes I was gonna leave then got a phone call and had to change my plans. I've been to these before and it's not a waste of time. If there is a topic brought up in these meetings all around the state it will get some attention.

How do we find out when and where they will be? Live here in Oskaloosa and would LOVE to attend.

They are holding these meetings all over the state, you just need to read your newspaper or contact your local CO. They just held one in Waterloo and had 1 person attend :(

Overall I think the meeting went very well. Most guys were there for the same reasons and it seems that the DNR representatives were just as concerned as we are. They were very open about the fact that the Farm Bureau has deep pockets and is very powerful. This is one of the biggest reasons we need to attend these meetings and be heard. " the squeeky wheel gets the grease" and they are making alot more noise than we are at the moment.

It was great to meet Turkeyriver and chat. Always nice to meet fellow Iowa Whitetailers! Overall it was a very informative and productive night. Whether you're a synic or not, you need to attend! We do NO GOOD by being absent.

Top Bottom