Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

cnn gun ban poll

What do we need assault weapons for in the first place? Do you need one to hunt deer with Teeroy? I dont see why people are branded as "Tree Huggers" because they dont see the need for firearms that hold 50 rounds.

Scott I agree with you.

The only bad thing is I dont see the idiots stopping at assault weapons. The anti's will get one victory, then will want another, and another. It wont end with them.

All right, a gun debate! I won’t call you a tree-hugger Fred. If you don’t want one that’s fine with me, but law-abiding citizens who do want them have every right to have them. You know, I believe there are states that let you hunt deer with an AK-47 as long as it has a five round clip. But anyway, the second amendment is not about hunting at all. It’s about our right to defend ourselves. As far as a fifty round clip (?), what if you have to defend yourself against twenty guys? Would that ever happen – doubtful. Could it? Anything can happen. Remember the LA riots? Korean shopkeepers sat on their rooftops with their ‘assault rifles’ and theirs were the only shops that weren’t looted and burned.

So called “assault weapons†are used in only a fraction of a percent of crimes. A shotgun at close range is the ultimate “assault weapon.†The ban was merely symbolic – a stepping stone to more gun control, which could eventually mean your 30.06, your .22, your shotgun...your ‘legitimate’ hunting weapons.

When the assalt weapon ban comes up I want to think like you do ScottIC, but kat is hitting it right on the money, they'll start with something they think they can win and go from there.

I think a ban is stupid anyways, the only people that you got to worry about is criminals, and do they really think they care if its against the law or not? not me, they dont care, they will get them if they want them. Now the guys that like to collect guns and get with the boys just to shoot a few rounds of targets, get screwed. If people want to hunt with them let them, a good deer rifle would out shoot any of those assault rifles they arent made for pinpoint accuracy they are made to throw lead, thats about it.
smile.gif

no, scott, i don't really NEED an "assult" rifle, but when i first started out, it was the only rifle i could afford.
and no, i don't use it on deer. but if this ban continues, then they will be free to go after other semi-auto guns, so now your 11-87 is gone too. then they can go after other repeating guns....there went your pump. once they get their foot in the door, they won't quit until we are all un-armed. then, only the criminals will have guns, like in england.
plus, find me some stats, that an sks, or ak has been used in crimes. i bet it is less than 1%. if they REALLY, TRUELY wanted to stop crime, they would enforce the rules that are on the books at the present time. more laws that go un-enforced, and un-punished when broken are not the answer

Banning any weapons is like wiping your butt BEFORE you poop,just doesn't make any sense.......Remember,Guns don't kill people,People kill people!!!!Also,I agree with teeroy that the percentage of assault weapons used in crimes has to be small.When you hear about holdups or drive by shootings you don't hear an "AK-47" was used...matter of fact you hardly ever hear about rifles being used(except the D.C. Snipers).SO let us live by our 2nd ammendment right..........

In the minds of the anti-gun people this ban is stopping the criminal from getting a gun but in reality can you actually get a person thats already breaking one law to not break another law. I also had to debate this subject for school once. I found that Washington D.C., which doesn't allow guns has more gun related crime than some city across the river in Virginia where that do allow guns. One more thing you are more likely to have your doctor mess up on your surgery than be involved in a shooting. And like everyone has said once they ban one thing they will ban another. Look at the crime rates of countries such as Australia and Europe. That says a lot too. An argument in my mind that the antis will never win.

What the hell I love blowing off a 1000 rounds at one sitting, Ilove to shoot and I'll be damned if they take em away. I'd likem to see someone closeing in on my property trying to take away any of my possesions cause I wouldn't just try to scare them away with a warning shot... ScottIC any gun in any of our hands is not considered an "assault" weapon. Its the slugs and scumbags of americas streets that are the problem, it dont matter if its a BB gun or semi 9 mil or a damn SKS they are all considered assault weapons cause they intend on harm. The antis are "queting" them as assult weapons is your 30'06 and your sons BB gun that he got for christmas.. Well any way the lift is still on top on CNN rally to ban. Kat,right on!

i don't own an ak-47 or anything like that and probably never will and I can't see any reason for anyone really truely needing one. But that is just my own opinion. The problem with this whole thing is it's just a foot hold for the anti's to have to go to the next step. Maybe that step is banning ANY automatic gun.

By the way, did you know that any automatic shotgun that holds 6 shots or more is classified as an assault weapon.

teeroy,
Yes, assault weapons are used in a surprisingly small amount of crimes. I had to do a current issues paper in school this year, and my topic was gun control, so obviously the assault weapons ban was a large part of my paper. I did come across some very convincing facts, but I can't remember them off the top of my head, so I'll see if I can find it.

My biggest problem with stuff like this is the mentality of the people that own guns like this. Alot, not all, have this attitude that because its legal, I got to have one. From what I see, there are to many people with this overbearing, macho, irresponsible ego when it comes to guns. We all know the type, the guy who has 40 guns, but doesnt hunt and is not a collector. When you ask them why they need it there best anwser is "Well I cant give up my second amendment rights" or my favorite "I need them for protection." Give me a break. I think its possible to have some gun control without overstepping the boundary. I dont think many "antis" are after the guy who likes to hunt or go out and punch paper with their buddys. I wasnt trying to start nothing with ya teeroy, I just knew this would spark a good debate.

i could give you half credit on that, but there is no such thing as "some" gun control. especially with the crooks we allow to run our country. i have way more guns than i NEED. but who cares? who am i hurting? who is that guy with 40 guns, and doesn't hunt hurting? if he commits no crimes, what does it matter to you if he has 40 guns or 400 guns? if we go by need, do you NEED a compound bow? won't a recurve kill a deer just as dead?
the main point, is that they are trying to eat away at our rights, when the get one, they will go after another. they just want a nation of sheep, following blindly

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe that step is banning ANY automatic gun.

[/ QUOTE ]

Moose, automatic guns have been banned since the 30’s; the few in existence are VERY highly regulated. I assume you meant auto loading = semi auto. I can give you another good reason to have an AK-47: they’re just plain fun to shoot! Most rifles pack too much of a punch for me to shoot comfortably. Shooting an AK is great fun!

Ok, lets play worst case scenario… most major cities are only about a week away from a riot. Imagine if you will, trucks stop running, cities shut down. People panic, the grocery stores would be stripped clean within a day or two. It wouldn’t take long for hungry gangs to go door to door looking for food and maybe your wife while they’re at it. Is this example extreme? Yes. Unlikely? Very. But then again no one thought that airplanes would crash into the world trade center either.

We’re pretty safe here in farm country and our small towns, but what about the poor bastard in Cleveland/LA/Detroit etc. in the example above? I’d say if he didn’t have the proper tools (guns and ammo) at the time he’d give just about anything for them, and he would feel it was quite necessary, thank you very much. Guns are like fire extinguishers. You pray you never have to use them but they’re there if you need them.

once again, well said kat.

plus, there is no action to lift the ban on AUTOMATIC weapons. those are for military and law enforcement. we are just talking about semi autos

I must be missing your analogy Kat. I dont think one guy is gonna stop a gang of people who Im assuming by your scenario also have guns of their own. Last i checked we can only pull two triggers at the same time, and versus a "gang", I dont think we stand a chance.
Teeroy- Yes i do NEED a compound bow, if i plan to hunt anyway. Its the only bow I own and I dont see how its any different than a recurve. You ever price a Black Widow recurve, it will make you glad you shoot a compound.

Whats really funny is that the antis make up a extremely small minority of what the population stands for. This country was founded on guns and I dont think anyone sees them going anywhere.

So are you supposed to just curl up in a corner and beg for them not to hurt you too bad? Just hearing gunshots might scare them away. Plus you know the layout of your house and they don’t, they may be only armed with baseball bats or they could be lousy shots. Doesn’t matter, at least you had a chance.

You know me, I want life to be happy and free with cute puppies and kittens and happy little trees everywhere.
smile.gif
Like I said, hopefully stuff like that would never happen, and I really don't think about it too much. But I know I’m responsible for my own safety in my home.

Top Bottom