Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Coming soon.....BIG,BIG BUCK..

Holy cow
shocked.gif

My brother and I decided to go out at 2:00 Sat. afternoon. We picked up my stepdad and headed for the timber. We sat him in a ladder across the road from where I was going to be. We pulled in to the farmers driveway and he was outside doing chores. I told him I was going behind his house and my brother was headed down to the river bottom. He said there probably wasn't anything behind the house, because he seen a huge 10 come out of there half an hour earlier and head to the river bottom. My brother then got excited. I jokingly said maybe a bigger one chased him out. Well never know. I got into the stand aprox 2:45 and set for a while.I scanned with my rangefinder to get some reference points. The ice and snow was crashing down out of the trees and I thought the deer would be spooked and I wouldn't see anything. I tried to rattle but nothing. I reached for my bleat can but had left it on the dresser at home. I waited another 15 minutes and started rattling again. As I was banging the antlers together I heard a crash in front of me and this monster buck burst out of the timber with his head up and chest out looking for a fight. He was about 60 yards out. He turned sideways and I set the antlers down and reached for my bow. He ran up the fence to my right and was about 40 yards out checking a fresh scrape I didnt even know was there. He kept looking across the fence and I was praying he didnt cross it or I was done. I started to count points twice but got to 8 and looked away. All I knew for sure is he was huge and had split brow tines. All at once he turned and started running full tilt across the field in front of me 30 yards out. I drew back quickly and had to set because a branch was in my way. I grunted when he was straight out and he hit the brakes and looked up at me. I pulled my 2nd pin up behind his shoulder and pulled my release. There was an instant thud and I seen the arrow pass through him. He turned an ran, spraying blood out his side, back to the timber where he stepped out. His rear buckled just as he reached the woods and he got up and went another 10 yards onto the timber and I seen and heard him crash. My heart was going 100 mph. I didnt want to chance it and decied to leave him for an hour before getting down. I called my brother down on the bottom and told him. He asked how big and I said around 200 inches. He said yeah-right. Then I called the farmer and he thought I fell out of the tree from my excitement and heavy breathing. I called everyone. 20 minutes later a doe walked down the fence line so I dropper her. The farmer brought his gator back and we loaded the deer and hauled them to my truck. He said he seen every deer out there but never this one. We later green scored it at 192 2/8. 17 points with 3 broke off, should have been 20. 19 inch inside and 24.5 outside. This has major mass. Pics dont do justice. Well see you all at the deer classic!
2953deer_3-med.jpg

That could when "mass of the year award" That is of course if there was an award for that! Great buck and as originally posted that is a BIG,BIG BUCK.

Nice Buck. Great Mass! Congrat's to you from everyone here at Whitetail Fanatic Magazine.

Top Bottom