Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

CVA Accura V2 Question

Huyser24

Hey everyone, I have a CVA Accura V2 muzzleloader and I have been reading a lot on BH 209 powder. I'm considering changing from triple 7 to BH. What is everyone's thoughts on the BH? Which bullet is everyone finding to be the best? On BH's website they suggest a few different ones but I have heard good news on the barnes tmz's. Is this correct?

Thanks in advance

Switch. You won't regret it. Make sure you get the BH breech plug and use hot primers. And yes also on the Barnes.

Blackhorn and barnes, has been nothing short of amazing without going smokeless. Play with 100-120 grains of powder and the 250's and 290's until you are basically putting them in one hole.
I'd try to find a friend that has a tmz and a TEZ Barnes to see how they load.
The bullet is identical it's just the thickness of the sabot that is different

The bullet is identical it's just the thickness of the sabot that is different

The bullets actually are not the same. I thought they were as well until I looked them up. The TMZ is a boat tail, the TEZ is not. Either way, they're both great bullets and its worth experimenting with both.

Is the Barnes muzzleloader aligner tool necessary? Thanks for the information

First of all I'd say make the switch. I have the same gun and shoot 90 grains of Blackhorn and 290 grain TMZs.
As far as the tool I'm pretty sure I have it in the muzzleloader kit, but I haven't used it for the Barnes bullets. As long as you're not twisting the ramrod while loading I haven't noticed any problems. Those bullets are the most accurate and deadliest I have found.

I have the same gun and switched to BH 209 a few years ago. Be sure to get the Blackhorn breech plug with it. Im using hte CCI Magnum primers with 110gr of BH 209 and 250gr Barnes TMZ bullets. Couldnt be more happier with the switch. Tight groups and have been fortunate enough to watch the 6 deer I've shot with it drop in sight.

I have the same gun and switched to BH 209 a few years ago. Be sure to get the Blackhorn breech plug with it. Im using hte CCI Magnum primers with 110gr of BH 209 and 250gr Barnes TMZ bullets. Couldnt be more happier with the switch. Tight groups and have been fortunate enough to watch the 6 deer I've shot with it drop in sight.

Have you been getting blow back from the breech area? Is the underside of your scope dirty right above the closure location? Just curious. I started using the CCI primers and was getting terrible blowback. I found out they are just slightly shorter than the Winchester shotgun primers. Switched to the Winchester and no more issue. They seal that tiny gap that the CCI left.

Have you been getting blow back from the breech area? Is the underside of your scope dirty right above the closure location? Just curious. I started using the CCI primers and was getting terrible blowback. I found out they are just slightly shorter than the Winchester shotgun primers. Switched to the Winchester and no more issue. They seal that tiny gap that the CCI left.

I bought a shim kit for my v2. It stopped all blowback.

Top Bottom