Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Dave Smith decoys??

gansomn

Guys do any of you all use a Dave Smith decoy if so with any luck?? I bought one before last season and have not had a turkey get close to this thing. Last year had two toms look but stop short about 50 yards.

This season had a bird at 40 all blown up dancing but would not come any closer then that. I killed him just a long poke. If you have not heard of them check out the website DaveSmithdecoys. They look unreal but so far had nothing check her out. Thanks, Pat

Nice! Now I know its not the decoy and it surely could not be me:rolleyes:. Your decoys are the new ones, very nice. I have met dave a couple times and have hunted over his goose decoys, they are awesome. Thanks I will see how it does 4th season. Good luck guys.

This weekend we had the Jake and the submissive hen out and the tom came charging in knocked over the jake then mounted it and got shot at and missed then shot and killed all at 8 yards. Thats my best experience with them but have witnessed 5 or 6 get shot over then just this spring. Closest being 5 yards

How is your blind set up, what type etc. Wearing black in the blind or camo? It almost seems as if they are catching a glimpse of something that keeps them from committing. If you just have the hen out I cant fathom thats whats keeping them from coming in. Let us know your set up and may be we can figure this thing out for ya. A lot of possibilities out there.

Love them!! :way: I have never had as many 10 yard and in experiences than this year. I have the a original upright hen and a new feeding hen.

I believe the newer style are more flexible material and with a more resiliant paint.

I believe the newer style are more flexible material and with a more resiliant paint.

Muddy is spot on.

I think it is pretty important that you use a jake in the setup.

I have had the Pretty Boy out with my flock and have had Toms shy away.

When I put just the jake with my Pretty Girl (submissive hen), my DSD upright hen, and Buckwing feeder I get some pretty ticked off Toms.

I have been getting pretty good results with them this year also.

To all those out there saying this year has been great do you think it really is because of the dekes or just a year with less hens which makes the Toms fight more for them? Maybe just a coincedence?

i believe in most cases you need a jake decoy also. some turkeys will still hang up,but if you want the toms to come in running,it sure helps.and its dang exciting.

Yes we do use the jake about75% of the time. When we dont use the jake we usually have hens come in and beat up the the upright hen, that is how i shot a bearded hen this season. We actually had hens come in tonight and peck at the head of the upright hen

My flock of DSD's showed up today. Was gonna wait til next year but saved some money and still have a week to put them to work. :way:

Would you guys be putting the jake out this time of year? My birds have been hunted pretty hard and time is running short. I figure they should still be pretty aggressive. I think I'll give it a try...

Top Bottom