Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

dave smith.. which one?

Without a doubt the jake.

Upright hen would be my second choice.

If you have to, use a cheaper upright hen until you can buy a DSD upright.

Good Luck.

I agree with risto.

I was using a strutter when I bought my upright hen.

Carry lite is making one that has almost the same posture. Daves are still the best looking. The Carry lite is $100 cheaper

Carry lites jake
mfh-pbjr.jpg

DSD Jake
thumb_jake4.jpg

I agree with risto.

I was using a strutter when I bought my upright hen.

Carry lite is making one that has almost the same posture. Daves are still the best looking. The Carry lite is $100 cheaper

Carry lites jake
mfh-pbjr.jpg

DSD Jake
thumb_jake4.jpg

I saw these at the Classic and the DSD are by far superior IMO. Looking at them in person was at it took for me. One question though is are you bow hunting or gun hunting? Gun hunters I think can get by with a cheaper decoy due to not needing the closer distances for a shot.

All just my opinion and I do not get any kickbacks from DSD like Limb. :D

I seen the Carry lite jake a Scheels. The paint is not as go as a DSD. Still a good looking deke.

Are you just getting into turks or just looking to upgrade your current setup?

I saw these at the Classic and the DSD are by far superior IMO. Looking at them in person was at it took for me. One question though is are you bow hunting or gun hunting? Gun hunters I think can get by with a cheaper decoy due to not needing the closer distances for a shot.

All just my opinion and I do not get any kickbacks from DSD like Limb. :D

I guess i don't agree. For the price the carry lite is not far off. Just needs a little paint!:way: But i do
want a upright hen and some feeders. My buckwings sure look ugly standing by those!

Last edited:
Hands down, the DSD jake. I have both it and the upright hen. 100% of the time, IF adult birds come in, they go to the half-strut jake to posture as if to fight. I guess they're more interested in kicking butt than lovin' on the hen!

MO:)

I was thinking feeding hen. That being said I have yet to try out the DSD jake yet

I had numerous turkeys trying to mount my upright last year.

They looked at my buckwing feeder and never tried to mount her.

I honestly do not know if it was the authenticity of the DSD over the Buckwing or not.
I might buy a DSD feeder this year but do not know yet.

I guess i don't agree. For the price the carry lite is not far off. Just needs a little paint!:way: But i do
want a upright hen and some feeders. My buckwings sure look ugly standing by those!

Derek,

I like my buckwings for the extra movement.

I agree on how ugly they look.

If I had only one DSD choice, I'd get the Jake, then put a cheapo, dumpy hen, bedded next to him. He is just awesome looking and Toms don't like him.

We are just adding to the collection and we will mostly be gun hunting but some bow hunting. Any other ideas? Set up now is b-mobile with she mobile and another cheap hen.

I'll pay my truck payment instead.

Ya do what ya do!!! I wanted a DSD as soon as I saw one! But said. I"M NOT PAYING $110.00 for a turk decoy!! " Well I waited and now they are $120.00!! :thrwrck: But yea! They look that good!! I got the upright hen, and The Limbchicken signature edition Jake:D!!!

Folks have been bow killing turks with ugly deeks for years. I agree they look nice, but I need the money for gas to get to my spots.

Top Bottom