Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Deer harvest info 11/1/10

Just a report,
Might be useful to someone. I set aside 2 weeks to deer hunt . Drove home from Okla. and spent a whopping 2 hrs. on stand when a BIG (140's) 8 pt. and a nice 10 pt. came in from opposite directions and squared off for about 2 minutes in the timber. 10 pt. won as he had a much bigger body . He (10 pt)then proceded to work 2 scrapes and was on his way to a 3rd as he passed at 20 yds . Couldn't pass on him . Maybe should have waited for something bigger but it was a slam dunk. About 130" or so. Anyway he was absolutely into the scrapes. 1/2 way up a ridge moving from small finger to big timber. Good luck. If I have time I'll photobucket him tomorrow. Now I get to duck hunt for 2 weeks :) .............It all happened around 9:00 a.m. also

Last edited:
Here's a couple pix. By the way was in Zone 3 . Entry hole in the back was actually a good hit. Arrow went into the chest cavity. He was almost walking straight away. Never had a better blood trail on a deer.
MontesHuntingpictures021.jpg

MontesHuntingpictures026.jpg

Last edited:
Way to go. If you didn't get it done the first night you probably wouldn't of seen a nice buck the rest of the week. Usually how it goes.

Way to go. If you didn't get it done the first night you probably wouldn't of seen a nice buck the rest of the week. Usually how it goes.

Yeah thats true,very true. One more picture .Never worked as hard to get a buck loaded.(getting too old) Took 5 1/2 hrs from shot to truck but it was thru some beautiful land. Gotta love Iowa!

MontesHuntingpictures007.jpg

Last edited:
Does that hitch hoist pivot? Thought that might be a good way to get a buck into my truck bed when I'm by myself. I about gave myself a hernia this morning doing it.

Yes ,it does pivot and yes ,it will prevent a hernia. I have used it quite a few times when I was by myself. I think they run about $175.00 or at least thats what they did.I got it at Cabelas a few years ago. Had a gift cert.,got a dicount and a mark down as a display item. Think I got it for about $45.00 . One of my better buys. Its comes with about 30 ft. of cable too so if you can get it to the ditch you're home free.

Last edited:
I may need to get myself one of those deer poles. I don't currently have anyplace I can hang a deer to skin. Our new place has no trees and no place in the garage to hang. Since I haven't gotten a deer yet this year I haven't had to worry about it, but with things heating up I need to figure something out.

Top Bottom